Official eMule-Board: Emule 0.50A [Katana 2.11] - Official eMule-Board

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Emule 0.50A [Katana 2.11] legal babysteps :)

#41 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

@James R. Bath

Sorry, I wasn't clear in the sentence... I wanted to say:

Shouldn't "ul/dl ratio" be "dl/ul ratio" (from the perspective of the known client that is sending data)?

^_^
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#42 User is offline   dylandog84 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hi everyone, through the upload (and queue) context menu i can enable/disable a feature called "Flood Control". What is it?
I also have another question: i didn't find nothing about AutoDownloadPriority (ADP) and i don't understand how does it work. Is there something (text, wiki) that can explain me how to set its options (fixed percentage and partfile completition)?

Thanks in advance. :respect:

This post has been edited by dylandog84: 26 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

#43 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Wizards Flood Control is a delay for queued sources to get an uploadslot. For example, after starting eMule the first client to enter your queue is also the first one to get an up-slot. I worst case that may be a leecherclient, so the flood control adds a waiting time to every client to give more clients to enter the queue and to raise the chance of giving the slot to a "worthy" client.

DynADP is a way to priorize downloading files by completition or fixed percentages. The fixed percentage version will set the priority according your setting, e.g. give all files above 75% to normal and all files above 90% on high priority, the rest is set to low. The completition-based version will create a sorted list of your downloads and put a settable number of files (with support of categories) to high and normal prio, anything else will be set to low.

#44 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:22 AM

For whatever it's worth, restarting and rebooting had no impact on the those skullf'k'd and those not.

Any indication yet whether this is happening because it's the way CA is supposed to operate or a bug somewhere?
Currently recommending and using: eMule beba 2.63
For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

#45 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

View Postp!ll3.p4ll0, on 25 Mai 2010 - 09:57 , said:

The bad ul/dlratio is only one of many elements of the score calculation, not a bad behaviour which gives you a skull on its own. if you check the main clientdetails tab you should see that the client has a good CA scoreratio (>1.0) and is thus rated as good.

:flowers:

#46 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:30 AM

View Postp!ll3.p4ll0, on 27 May 2010 - 06:35 AM, said:

View Postp!ll3.p4ll0, on 25 Mai 2010 - 09:57 , said:

The bad ul/dlratio is only one of many elements of the score calculation, not a bad behaviour which gives you a skull on its own. if you check the main clientdetails tab you should see that the client has a good CA scoreratio (>1.0) and is thus rated as good.

If that's your answer, my interpretation is that there's a bug in Katana or CA because it's showing the skull anyway despite only having a "bad ul/dl" (and in some cases, having a good ul/dl). As I mentioned before, there is no "CA scoreratio" on the clientdetails tab, and that includes a case of a client who UL more than DL.

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 28 May 2010 - 03:31 AM

For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

#47 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:38 AM

DUDE, just get Tombstone 2.1 and check if it does the same. if it does it's by intention! -.-
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#48 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

The CA score is shown in clientdetails, section "Scores". It's the number in brackets behind "Dl/UP Modifier". That number should be 1.0 to get a skull here if nothing bad is found otherwise.

Edit: Before the question comes, yes, the CA score will be moved to the Antileech tab in next version for a better understanding.

This post has been edited by p!ll3.p4ll0: 28 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

#49 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

Before I get to the CA bug issue again, in switching back to Tombstone Xtended to compare, one of the things I noticed is that TX doesn't have any odd pauses/locks. For whatever reason (and its definitely not because of memory), Katana locks up every 15 minutes or so, and that seems to increase when actively using it, seemingly more so when scrolling through files. By that, I mean its screen/ui (and only it, not any other programs) freezes and nothing can be clicked (and on longer freezes up to a minute, it would actually drop DL/UL users). Besides the other missing features, Xtended doesn't seem to have the high precision timer, and I did have that enabled in Katana, but I've used that in other mods without any freezing. So, I'm at a loss as to the cause. I used OfFixed before too and nothing similar happened, or if it did, not as frequently.

Update: Xtended does have some much smaller freezes (nothing leading to DL/UL user disconnects), and they all seem related to interacting with the UI (clients, files, scrollbars). Maybe its partly a 50a interface thing.

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 31 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

#50 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Another variation I'm noticing, whereas Tombstone (both basic and Xtended, and Beba too) reports CA swapping activity in the main log, I don't see that in the Katana AntiLeech log or main log. Example:
5/30/2010 1:30:31 PM: ... swapping CA data for ... (MLdonkey v3.0,None/OnUploadQueue/None) during verification

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 30 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Posted Image

#51 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

View Postp!ll3.p4ll0, on 28 May 2010 - 06:37 PM, said:

The CA score is shown in clientdetails, section "Scores". It's the number in brackets behind "Dl/UP Modifier". That number should be 1.0 to get a skull here if nothing bad is found otherwise.

Your calculations seem fine, so there's a problem somewhere else.

I have only one user with a direct client comparison so far and, in this case, it involves not giving a skull where it should have been given. Katana gave it the normal icon, Tombstone skull'd it. First your screen grabs, then those from Tombstone:

Katana Antileech
Posted Image
Katana client
Posted Image
Tombstone
Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 User is offline   dylandog84 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi everyone, maybe i found a "graphic bug" related to the colored downloads placed in the transfers window.
If i move the horizontal scroollbar to the right, the colors disappear, while if i come back, the downloads "magically" return to their color.

This post has been edited by dylandog84: 01 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

#53 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

View PostJames R. Bath, on 30 Mai 2010 - 10:52 , said:

Another variation I'm noticing, whereas Tombstone (both basic and Xtended, and Beba too) reports CA swapping activity in the main log, I don't see that in the Katana AntiLeech log or main log.
Moved to verbose log.

View PostJames R. Bath, on 31 Mai 2010 - 01:51 , said:

I'll crosscheck the TS with what I merged over. Might take a while, as I'm short of time lately.

View Postdylandog84, on 01 Juni 2010 - 02:27 , said:

Hi everyone, maybe i found a "graphic bug" related to the colored downloads placed in the transfers window.
If i move the horizontal scroollbar to the right, the colors disappear, while if i come back, the downloads "magically" return to their color.

It does not happen here on Win XP. Are you using Vista or 7? In that case it might be an issue with newer versions.

#54 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

View Postp!ll3.p4ll0, on 02 June 2010 - 07:55 PM, said:

View PostJames R. Bath, on 31 Mai 2010 - 01:51 , said:

I'll crosscheck the TS with what I merged over. Might take a while, as I'm short of time lately.

It's not urgent, though more urgent than the color scroll "bug", which isn't having any impact on my colors. The CA system is not constantly providing bad results. Just a little quirky. I'd prefer to see things like my other feature requests first.

Posted Image

#55 User is offline   dylandog84 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

View Postp!ll3.p4ll0, on 02 June 2010 - 08:55 PM, said:

It does not happen here on Win XP. Are you using Vista or 7? In that case it might be an issue with newer versions.

I'm using XP SP3. After a clean installation i can reproduce this "bug" (this happens on my OS, but i don't know if is the same thing also for the other users):

- i open katana;
- i disable the mod display option called "only color names";
- i connect to server/kad;
- i put a file to download;
- i wait that the file becomes "colored" and then i enable the new download commands toolbar.

Regards

This post has been edited by dylandog84: 04 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Posted Image

#56 User is offline   jurasy 

• Pip

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:02 PM

Hi, pP. :flowers:

CU
jerri

#57 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi jerri,

as said before, there seems not to be a single board you're not on, I guess ;)

@dylandog84
Thx for the details. I do not have v2.0 running here at the moment, so I can't check it out right now. On the good side the current v2.1 beta seems not to show that behaviour on a quick test on XP SP3, maybe due to some changes around the FillSolidRect optimizations I added there lately.

#58 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:47 PM

So, for the CA problems... I checked my merge and it looks ok, so no greater bugs in Katana 2.0 which should cause large differences in transfered amounts of data, even though they are there for some clients. I my case I think they derive from the clients.met being much older than the antileech.met AND from using other mods (without CA) from time to time in the same directory. So the .met files might be "not fully syncronized" and thus providing inconsistant data.

If I get some time I'll give it a go with a clean install and some fresh files.

#59 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

just a thought, why rely on clients.met when you got antileech.met? it might be better to use antileech exclusively when using CA.
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#60 User is offline   p!ll3.p4ll0 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

The CA uses his own data from antileech.met exclusivly when active just as official credits uses the clients.met exclusively when selected, they do not intermix anything.

As Wizard already wrote he thinks to have actually thought of something when writing the CA, so he might have had an intention to keep both pairs of data side by side (for the splitting into rare/part/complete data I suppose). Using an unweightend set of total up/down as a base for both calculations would help to get both systems in line though. Although the data might be syncronized by adding/substracting the difference to/from the unweightend part of the CA score, but this would reduce efficency again and will paint a totally wrong picture if it happens too often.

This post has been edited by p!ll3.p4ll0: 06 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

• Member Options

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users