Official eMule-Board: Morphxt Lives And You Have Been Trolled - Official eMule-Board

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Morphxt Lives And You Have Been Trolled Revealing the prank

#1 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

Dear users,

You Have Been Trolled!

The announcement of the closure of the MorphXT project has been a troll. There were various reasons for me to do this troll and I will talk about this a little further down.

First of all I would like to congratulate Quezl! You have either been the only one to notice or the only one to not hide your knowledge. Either way, your fast reply almost ruined it all so I removed the bold tags on the four capital letters in the whole post. Btw, are you familiar with dattebayo or how come you figured out YHBT so fast?

This directly leads me to the next point of things I would like to talk about here. The troll was darn obvious if you guys would have read the signs. Firstly, I am widely known for my apparent lack of capitalization but you should have noticed that I did not capitalize my name or that of my projects like I usually do. Nevertheless I made exactly four letters capital and they spell YHBT which means 'You have been trolled'. Another pretty obvious hint was that I kept refusing to publish any plans on my StulleMule project even though I claimed MorphXT to be cancelled. Lastly, there was Quezl...

Now I would like to say sorry to a couple of people. Most importantly there is Some Support. I told you about my plans and you told me how much you disliked it. I did it though and I hope the lines below will calm your disapproval a bit. Further appologies fly out to Wiz, Spike2, zz_fly, V-X-Vendetta, Nicolas_fr and everybody who spent the last few days working on their own merge of MorphXT because of this announcement. Telling you beforehand would have been nicer but I felt I should not tell too many people beforehand.

Like I promised above I will now give you the reasons for all this.

Most importantly in a troll, of course, it was the lolz I got from some people's replies. The second and thus second most important component is people like mikcpu who think that any decent modder or modder team should provide a complete merge a mere few hours after the last official emule update was finally released or at least give you an exact time table that states we are just about to finish work. You suck! This kind of person just does not give a shit about the people working on this project and it gives me the creeps! We do this for free and before even daring to ask you should ask yourself "Could I have adapted a couple of thousand lines of additional code to the latest changes in eMule in a mere few hours of work?" That is if they can code at all, and most of these people can not. Another reason to play this prank on you was that I wanted to see how people do actually react to information like this. Basically, I gathered this much, there are a lot of people whining when there is no new version but even worse is that they start leaving a parking ship as soon as they fear having to stay in the same harbor for more than a week. Are you people really this dedicated to MorphXT? Well, I certainly do not need this kind of users because it is the kind that gives back the least of all. Then there is also the kind of people that take things much too serious. Guys, this is the internetz and not real life. When eMule crashes nobody gets hurt. Why do you consider anything here serious enough to be getting depressed about? Get a life guys!

Another special remark for Manícula at this point: I have no idea if you are stupid, plain stupid or simply consider yourself more funny than you actually are. Either way, I have no intention to let a random douche rule my life and I have even less intention to accept that anybody calls me a jerk and requests something in the same sentence. I don't mind people hating me or whatever but if they do they should just leave me alone. I do not need anybody's attitude and I do certainly not like yours, Manícula!

The idea for this troll was completly mine and nobody else is to blame for this. However, I got inspiration from the friendly staff of dattebayo (google them if you wish). They know that the internetz is serious business!

After having let you go through all of this I will let you have some insight on what has really been going on. I started merging MorphXT on March 1st and ever since I was working on the code. The day this troll was started was the day we started alpha testing. By now we have advanced a lot further but unfortunately I will have to be offline starting tomorrow for a few days at the least. In fact, I would have loved to end this troll by releasing a new version but time was against me... and Real Life and I do not have to stress the importance of the latter, right?! Anyway, testing will be carried on and I hope to be releasing as soon as I think the code is stable and includes all changes I would like it to have. I might not be updating the CVS to stop any jerk from using the code prior to a public release. But I did not yet decide, yet.

Special thanks fly out to my testers. Especially Andu, guijarrelson, Dick_Manitoba, erdem444 and Nisse shall be noticed here for the tough testing Sunday we had. Nisse, thanks again for playing along so well when Quezl was about to ruin it all. Andu and Dick, thank you for the nice talks we had... it sometimes just needs a bit of distraction to keep productive.

Lastly, what I said about fafner and leuk_he was sadly about true. They got about no time and despite being able to maintain this project on my own I consider MorphXT to be a real team project and that also includes a Dev Team and not just a Tester Team. I would like to ask anyone to contact me if he/she thinks that he/she can contribute to this project in code. Especially Rapid Mule is invited to send me a message because you have already contributed to this project indirectly. However, if you - that means anybody that wants to apply - got anything to do with leecher mods then stay away. I have certain principles and the most important one in coding matters is not to join forces with people who violate what I consider to be good and important, such as the mod rules of this board.

After having read this awfully long post I hope you learned something today. Stop acting stupid and be a little more nice with us. Biting the hand that feeds will make you starve after all.

Taking the internet serious,
Stulle!

This post has been edited by Stulle: 10 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#2 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

Stop acting stupid and be a little more nice with us

I guess you live in a completely different universe where after this show of yours you can still say "stupid" to the others and even ask them to be nice with you in the same sentence. IMHO the best you can expect is to be ignored in the future.

#3 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

View PostLorenzoC, on Mar 10 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

Stop acting stupid and be a little more nice with us

I guess you live in a completely different universe where after this show of yours you can still say "stupid" to the others and even ask them to be nice with you in the same sentence. IMHO the best you can expect is to be ignored in the future.

Oh, if you were in my position you would know that being ignored is a lot better than what some users give us. Anyway, i am happy you are likely to ignore me henceforth! :)

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#4 User is offline   Manícula 

• (0.6 per day)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

You know, I feel sorry for you. A real shame is that you are unable to see beyond your nose.

#5 User is offline   vxvendetta 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

I LOVE YOU :flowers:
and i love morphxt for ever and ever
La mia cadenza la mia indolenza, la mia strana barba,
i miei difetti di pronuncia, la mia fame in pancia,
è come il mare quando è in tempesta e non ho i remi in barca,
è come un rosso in banca, ma è come IO COMANDA

#6 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

View PostManícula, on Mar 10 2009, 06:04 PM, said:

You know, I feel sorry for you. A real shame is that you are unable to see beyond your nose.

oh, i can see the keyboard, thank you! :)

#7 User is offline   Tuxman 

• lizzie and prog-rock fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

LorenzoC is completely right. :flowers:
(Ah, yep, I know, this is a "personal attack" and you don't need my bs, right? Well, bad luck.)

It's a shame to see how many good people are banned from certain boards while designed trolling is declared funny.
Ha-ha, now we're all rolling on the floor laughing and stuff...

Get a life.

(I thought I got your definition of "nice" well enough according to your postings, Stulle?)

:bouncehi:

Not taking anything serious here and proud not to be nice in any way,
Tuxman :P

edit: added sarcastic signature

This post has been edited by Tuxman: 10 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

[ eMule beba ] :: v2.72 released, v3.00 in the works ...
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Coded by a Golden eMule Award winner and most people's favorite modder!
Music, not muzak:
Progressive Rock :: my last.fm profile
eMule user since 0.28 ...
-[ ... and thanks for all the fish! ]-

#8 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Most intriguing how the people I like the least start digging out of their holes and start telling me how much of an arse I am. I knew you think that, why do you keep telling me?! Be a good sport and ask yourself, "am I actually just pissed because he got me?"

Anyway, I do have a life... that is basically why there is no new Morph already despite having worked on it most of the free time I had. That's a lot more than all the people huddling up to ask when a new version comes or how much of an arse I am.

This post has been edited by Stulle: 10 March 2009 - 05:23 PM

#9 User is offline   SharingFiles 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

Now, I'm back to use Morph.

I like this kind of joke, people lose their minds and is funny see their reactions.

Stulle is a freak boy, is like a evil child, is the devil, but he needs feel like God.

Thanks Stulle.

:flowers:
Posted Image

Lovelace Credit System is the best way to reward the good uploaders

#10 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

First of all: nice to hear that the Morph will continue to live. No, not nice... it's GREAT :thumbup:

Now, there's more:

I have to agree with the others here (and what SS said in advance): this was definately not funny - except maybe for yourself.

I truly understand you - more than you know... the constant querying for updates, the ignorance and insolence... it's annoying and enraging. Still, you did not teach those guys a lesson with that but you mocked your fellow Morph users with that.
Also, it wasn't like the rats were leaving the sinking ship... you know that each version of eMule offers new features and sometimes (very) important fixes and it's clear that those users who care for the network, etc. want to update ASAP - and if ASAP means "never" then they have to look out for new alternatives - which they did.
Being misanthropic is alright... but - and there is absolutely no offense intended - you really have to grow up in some aspects. :flowers:
For the future: go ahead, call them stupid morons (which they are), put them on ignore and/or close their threads immediately. Put up a sticky called "Releasedate for the next version" and describe the situation there... DONE.

Regards,
WiZ

PS: I do not have much time but if you want I can check your current code for the flaws I reported to leuk_he several times and tell you if they still exist.

#11 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

While I was not seeing, this should have become the StulleBoard on StulleProject StulleSite over the StulleNet.
Now altogether you miserable lifeforms and slaves, everybody prise Stulle the Great.

#12 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

@ wiz: haha, thanks for the post, wiz. i know this kind of fun is not popular with many but as some know already, i just need a good laugh every once in a while it really becomes funny now to see how some people think they have to tell me how very much an arse i am. i really felt kinda bad for some people during the last few days but i would not want to reveal it all too early.

as for your offer, for the time being i am making good progress, imo. there is still some stuff on my todo list but we got most parts pretty stable so far and i even added some more changes and features for the future version. i will probably send you a link tonight, will see.

edit: note to self: see docotor for diagnosis on seeing weird gnomes repeating my name all over the place. i think i got a little messed up in the brain coding all the time...

This post has been edited by Stulle: 10 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

#13 User is offline   SharingFiles 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

View PostLorenzoC, on Mar 10 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

While I was not seeing, this should have become the StulleBoard on StulleProject StulleSite over the StulleNet.
Now altogether you miserable lifeforms and slaves, everybody prise Stulle the Great.

jaja...in my real life I have my own "kingdom" with my own "slaves" (they do not know that I am manipulating).

Here maybe i'm just a freak moron slave but I can disconnect the intenet :thumbup:

:flowers:
Posted Image

Lovelace Credit System is the best way to reward the good uploaders

#14 User is offline   R3Qu13M 

• IÐiTwøKei TraÐe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

-. Perfect pyramid .-
:rolleyes:

:confused: YHBT :confused:

:respect: which means :respect:
:lame: 'You Have Been Trolled' :lame:

I´d request a new emoticon like :RTFM: but with the :YHBT: spirit! :lol:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by R3Qu13M: 10 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

#15 User is offline   masterz3d 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

That was an unneeded and unpleasant joke. I took it seriously. That was, like, laughing on our faces and assume we all are toys in your hands. I feel really offended by this.

I know, no matter what I say to you, you won't bother. So, I'll stop here.

BTW, at least you could have waited until the 1st of April.

This post has been edited by masterz3d: 10 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

#16 User is offline   Hammon 

• PipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

This fact simply shows that the word "developer" has no meaning anymore for a lot of supposed "modders" here.

How sad.
Hammon
"Se i Giusti non si oppongono, sono già colpevoli."

#17 User is offline   Jackieku 

• PipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

View PostStulle, on Mar 10 2009, 04:21 PM, said:

Now I would like to say sorry to a couple of people. Most importantly there is Some Support. I told you about my plans and you told me how much you disliked it. I did it though and I hope the lines below will calm your disapproval a bit. Further apologies fly out to Wiz, Spike2, zz_fly, V-X-Vendetta, Nicolas_fr and everybody who spent the last few days working on their own merge of MorphXT because of this announcement. Telling you beforehand would have been nicer but I felt I should not tell too many people beforehand.

damn, ... actually I'm one of the people who merged MorphXT. Fortunately, I hear this news when the process is 90% completed... not 99% or 100%.

#18 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

View PostR3Qu13M, on Mar 10 2009, 07:19 PM, said:

-. Perfect pyramid .-
:rolleyes:

:confused: YHBT :confused:

:respect: which means :respect:
:lame: 'You Have Been Trolled' :lame:

I´d request a new emoticon like :RTFM: but with the :YHBT: spirit! :lol:

Posted Image

that's the spirit!

View Postmasterz3d, on Mar 10 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

That was an unneeded and unpleasant joke. I took it seriously. That was, like, laughing on our faces and assume we all are toys in your hands. I feel really offended by this.

I know, no matter what I say to you, you won't bother. So, I'll stop here.

BTW, at least you could have waited until the 1st of April.

i hope that a new version will be out by then. isn't that even better?

View PostHammon, on Mar 10 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

This fact simply shows that the word "developer" has no meaning anymore for a lot of supposed "modders" here.

How sad.

i don't get what you are saying? should i sit serious like a stone in my small basement cell code all the time?

View PostJackieku, on Mar 10 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

View PostStulle, on Mar 10 2009, 04:21 PM, said:

Now I would like to say sorry to a couple of people. Most importantly there is Some Support. I told you about my plans and you told me how much you disliked it. I did it though and I hope the lines below will calm your disapproval a bit. Further apologies fly out to Wiz, Spike2, zz_fly, V-X-Vendetta, Nicolas_fr and everybody who spent the last few days working on their own merge of MorphXT because of this announcement. Telling you beforehand would have been nicer but I felt I should not tell too many people beforehand.

damn, ... actually I'm one of the people who merged MorphXT. Fortunately, I hear this news when the process is 90% completed... not 99% or 100%.

well, i do not know about your skill but given the time you had let me doubt you were at 90%. i thought i was about finished various times and i still find new bugs and errors. but if you got the expertise to speed things up you are certainly welcome to help out. see the corresponding paragraph in the first post.

#19 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

God, kids lighten up. It's been 2 days and even if you don't think it's funny there is no point in ranting about it either.

A modder said he'd stop developing a mod and it was a joke. Big deal. If this was the official dev team then I'd get the protest but this is just childish. Ok the prank itself wasn't mature either but the question is 'why do you care?'.

And as for our respect for our users that is another matter. We did not abandon them. I would have supported any user that still needed it. So would the rest of our little crew. The merge of the new official release is on the way. The prank was intentionally resolved before Stulle had to go and was limited to 2 days. It could have continued until the release was ready but we thought it would be unfair to the people who really fell for this.

So to summarize. I didn't get the lulz that Stulle got out of it but I don't get antisentiment either. But well that's just me I guess.

Feel free to stone me.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#20 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

may i use walnuts to stone you? :D

This post has been edited by Stulle: 10 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

• Member Options

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users