• Last »

[0.49C] Zboom V0.1 Beta 6 - ZZUL based ED2K client

#1 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

About zBOOM :

a non fancy mod based (always) on latest ZZUL with some "fixes", "optimizations" and few embedded (only !!!) features.

(I'm aware there are other mods :respect: that fits the above, Analyzzul to name one for example - however zBOOM scope and features list will be different, not totally though ...).

zBOOM will be hosted on multiple (per language locale) servers and is aiming for further enhancing official mods usage.

By hosted I mean support forums, auto new versions pointing and alike ...

Current "taken" locales :

de_DE : eMuleFuture.de :+1:
it_IT : DarkForge.it :+1:
he_IL : Viper-Israel.org :+1:

If there are any other non leecher communities that wishes to host zBOOM (bare in mind that translation will be required - shouldn't be too match work since only minor gaps from official) please email me (for now on this subject only) - no PMs please.

:)

This post has been edited by taz-me: 04 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

P2P is about sharing, ed2k is my choice !

#2 User is offline   sonoro 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:46 AM

I am happy to know that your new mod..

good luck .. here waiting for him

Cumps by sonoro (Portugal)

I try to translate to Portuguese..

#3 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

welcome back taz !!! :flowers: :thumbup:

#4 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:02 AM

what is the point in multi national brandmarking? to me it is pretty pointless to go around pointing to various boards when it's a lot more desirable when support is concentrated on one or two places so contributors (in support) are not spread over 30 boards or something...

besides, it's okay that you publish information prior to a release but you should at least get things running - that also means start working on the actual code - before you announce them. personally i don't care when full releases (that excludes hotfixes) appear but i hate to be sitting and waiting especially if it has not even been started and thus the actual outcome is uncertain. plus, you seem to be really busy as you have not even finished one of your mods so you should probably not start another mod. i saw a group in another sector of the internet starting yet another subproject when they were already severly delayed and now they are so far behind that they have not released something of their initial branch for like a year.

but whatever, do as you like...
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#5 User is offline   cellax 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

wonderful :thumbup:
DarkForge.it the official site of the Translator Crew
DarkForge.it è il sito ufficiale della Translator Crew che cura le traduzioni Italiane delle seguenti mod di eMule: Beba, eMuleFuture, Mephisto, NextEMF, NeoMule, ScarAngel, SharkX, SilverSurfer, StulleMule, TK4, Xtreme, X-Ray. Visita il forum per ricevere supporto e scaricare le ultime versioni aggiornate dei DLL di traduzione delle mod.
DarkForge.it è anche il forum ufficiale di supporto italiano per eMule SharkX.

#6 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:37 PM

View PostStulle, on Apr 20 2009, 11:02 AM, said:

what is the point in multi national brandmarking? to me it is pretty pointless to go around pointing to various boards when it's a lot more desirable when support is concentrated on one or two places so contributors (in support) are not spread over 30 boards or something...

besides, it's okay that you publish information prior to a release but you should at least get things running - that also means start working on the actual code - before you announce them. personally i don't care when full releases (that excludes hotfixes) appear but i hate to be sitting and waiting especially if it has not even been started and thus the actual outcome is uncertain. plus, you seem to be really busy as you have not even finished one of your mods so you should probably not start another mod. i saw a group in another sector of the internet starting yet another subproject when they were already severly delayed and now they are so far behind that they have not released something of their initial branch for like a year.

but whatever, do as you like...

10'x for the warning :respect: - but this is exactly what I'm after, getting myself committed !

The real killer for 0.49c are the lists, however that's probably not really new for you ...
As for ZED the new mod, it's producing will be more easy and pretty quick after the merges since this will be mostly c&p from my own mods (of relatively lately touched stuff - and this time my old mods merges are pretty far from c&p) - if I need to compare it to something it will be more like the amount of work you'll have for merging Stullemule after merging MorphXT (by yourself).
I'm not skilled nor am I familiar with ZZUL's code (actually the changes from official) as you are (with Stullemule) - however it won't take as near as merging SharkX and AcK to 0.49c (BTW: they are being merged in parallel).

As for international boards support (or splitting support over several sites) :

most users are seeking support in there own language and mostly at local portals / boards.
All the "show" runners on the various boards are advanced emule users (beta testers, translators, graphic designers and mostly skilled at more then one "category") with at least sufficient English skills (mostly match more) to be able to communicate with me if needed. Most mod producers are looking for the mods being used - more users (mostly) more satisfaction, bringing the mods to the users portals and language is a step in that direction (I hope so anyway).

:)

#7 User is offline   Tuxman 

• lizzie and prog-rock fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

Now I actually wonder what this is going to be... another AcKroNiC-based mod?
Let's see ...
[ eMule beba ] :: v2.72 released, v3.00 in the works ...
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Coded by a Golden eMule Award winner and most people's favorite modder!
Music, not muzak:
Progressive Rock :: my last.fm profile
eMule user since 0.28 ...
-[ ... and thanks for all the fish! ]-

#8 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:49 AM

View PostTuxman, on Apr 21 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

Now I actually wonder what this is going to be... another AcKroNiC-based mod?

I'd like the idea of new AcKroNiC based mods - if any modder chooses to produce such I'll gladly share any desired info (I was called to revive it, if another modder wants to step in or to join and thus make AcK a team mod it will make me happy - obviously such a change will need to be accepted by AcK "spirit holders". Such a change discussion should take place on AcKroNiC.net and I'll be very supportive for such an initiative).
If ZED was going to be AcKroNiC based - it might have been the time for a dedicated AcKroNiC subforum (BTW an eMuleFuture subforum is not a bad idea ...), however it is going to be a ZZUL based mod (this is why this thread is located under ZZUL subforum).

It is going to contain some code ("fixes", "optimizations" and features) also available within other mods code (among those obviously AcKroNiC and SharkX that will include latest merged and "optimized" features) as well as some new stuff. I just hope not to miss too match proper credits for meaningful stuff ...

This post has been edited by taz-me: 22 April 2009 - 05:51 AM

#9 User is offline   jdhome 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

nice :thumbup:
I waiting

good luck :respect:

#10 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

View PostStulle, on Jul 7 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

and probably you should not speak about projects in public you did not even really start working on... still you did...

:argue:

... and yet you tell others they are flaming ... (you mention non related stuff aimed to abuse in order for what : being a prefix to what you really wanted to answer)

You are recycling your messages and when it comes to replying to my post on mods which ain't mine you tend to become other's spokesman (do you really think those you answer in their name are so helpless or that they need your protective care ?)

(I won't turn this into ethics thread - I just replied on the thread your post should have been part of in the first place if there's room for such a style at all)

#11 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:32 AM

oh, wow, glad i read this i would have missed it because you are replying in a different thread... makes perfect sense...

anyway, if you feel you can tell JvA how to do things and if you further think you can advise him to go against the rules I feel free to tell you what you should do and what you should not. besides, I am good buddies with JvA in real life and by chance I happen to know he is not having a problem with me covering up for him here because he is not so much into English for instance. oh right, i also give him good laughs with my rants so in fact he might be a lot more fine with me replying in his stead than you are with me replying your often fairly ridiculous posts.

now, do you wish to continue this little bitch fight or do you care to have some real life or at least get coding this marvelous work you probably did not even start, yet? and just one last thought, if i was to code a mod and invest many hours into it's completion i would not dare to let anybody tell me when to release my code in public unless i get good money for this... but then, this is open source and are you really getting paid for this? that would totally ridicule the open source idea for me but who am i to judge... stupid ol' stulle only flaming at poor taz. *lolz*

This post has been edited by Stulle: 08 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#12 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

View PostStulle, on Jul 8 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

oh, wow, glad i read this i would have missed it because you are replying in a different thread... makes perfect sense...

I wouldn't chose to provoke other modder of his work (or rather announced work) on another mod in any of my friend's mod threads ...
Since I do respect JvA and his work - I chose to pollute the proper thread, even if it was mine.

anyway, if you feel you can tell JvA how to do things and if you further think you can advise him to go against the rules I feel free to tell you what you should do and what you should not. besides, I am good buddies with JvA in real life and by chance I happen to know he is not having a problem with me covering up for him here because he is not so much into English for instance. oh right, i also give him good laughs with my rants so in fact he might be a lot more fine with me replying in his stead than you are with me replying your often fairly ridiculous posts.

now, do you wish to continue this little bitch fight or do you care to have some real life or at least get coding this marvelous work you probably did not even start, yet? and just one last thought, if i was to code a mod and invest many hours into it's completion i would not dare to let anybody tell me when to release my code in public unless i get good money for this... but then, this is open source and are you really getting paid for this? that would totally ridicule the open source idea for me but who am i to judge... stupid ol' stulle only flaming at poor taz. *lolz*

My posts might seen ridicule to some, however I'm not the one to think this is my forum - and thus I'm entitled to hassle everyone with or without phoney announcements about early depth of mods and make such a big deal each time someone comment or asks about my mods future schedule ...

I'm getting paid for being a senior Unix / Linux sys admin and since my employer does not approve private work - I'm not getting paid for anything else.
As for my new mod, comment on facts you know - more then once you call others to stop guessing or speculating :

I said I'll start new mod after next betas of my current mods - I delayed it a bit waiting for releases (SharkX released, AcK is pending on a minor graphical issue to be decided upon a survey result ...). I did start working on the new mod, however not as match as I wish (sometimes I do have real life).

As for asking whether I'm looking for a fight - don't start flaming over nothing and then continue trying to offend and make fun of others. If you're not looking for fights you're making a funny choice.

I'm not trying to change your manners, but I do have a challenge for this post readers :

Try to locate even a single post when you said you're sorry (you know sorry is part of the English language - it's not a bad habit to use it when appropriate ...)

#13 User is offline   JvA 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

View PostStulle, on Jul 8 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

besides, I am good buddies with JvA in real life and by chance I happen to know he is not having a problem with me covering up for him here because he is not so much into English for instance. oh right, i also give him good laughs with my rants so in fact he might be a lot more fine with me replying in his stead than you are with me replying your often fairly ridiculous posts.

*word*

@taz: the problem is, that my betatesters are sleeping or they are dead. so all tests were made by only 3-5 persons. this is enough if you want to prove that the mod runs without crashes. but if you want to go in detail and find bugs which are hard to trace you need a larger base of testers.

x-ray 1.7rc1 had as far as i know only 1 critical crash bug (which is fixed in rc2) and some small things. so i think i can announce this test version in the modsection and in the new mod release thread....

cya
JvA

#14 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

View PostJvA, on Jul 8 2009, 02:43 PM, said:

*word*

@taz: the problem is, that my betatesters are sleeping or they are dead. so all tests were made by only 3-5 persons. this is enough if you want to prove that the mod runs without crashes. but if you want to go in detail and find bugs which are hard to trace you need a larger base of testers.

x-ray 1.7rc1 had as far as i know only 1 critical crash bug (which is fixed in rc2) and some small things. so i think i can announce this test version in the modsection and in the new mod release thread....

cya
JvA

You know me for quite awhile and you know my greeting were genuine. I only wondered whether non released (betas and or RCs) should be announced in new mod release thread (I didn't and obviously can not complain about betas / RCs introduced as threads on this site since it happened with my mods as well - not that I planned that ...).

Best wishes and good luck with X-Ray 1.7 :)

#15 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

try to stick to the facts, i never claimed you had not started work but i suspected you did not have. my initial response to this thread was not meant offensively in any way but it creeps me out when somebody new comes around and tries to tell those who have been around a lot longer how to do shit. i might not be the best modder or not the most popular modder - certainly... - but i'm sticking around for more than 4 years now and i've seen people come and go but despite bringing up many things you were not exactly much of an asset, yet, imo...

#16 User is offline   Tuxman 

• lizzie and prog-rock fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Why don't you two use the Private Message system instead?
[ eMule beba ] :: v2.72 released, v3.00 in the works ...
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Coded by a Golden eMule Award winner and most people's favorite modder!
Music, not muzak:
Progressive Rock :: my last.fm profile
eMule user since 0.28 ...
-[ ... and thanks for all the fish! ]-

#17 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

View PostTuxman, on Jul 8 2009, 04:11 PM, said:

Why don't you two use the Private Message system instead?

totally agree :angelnot: i'm so tired of this dispute Stulle Vs Taz !! :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

:flowers: :flowers:

This post has been edited by SS1900: 08 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

#18 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

you ask taz that question. he wanted to go on about this...

#19 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

View PostStulle, on Jul 8 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

you ask taz that question. he wanted to go on about this...

I just asked a question (I suspected new mod release thread - was / is as what it's name suggesting, about releases - not betas or RCs), if it was too direct or blunt I'm sorry (after all I'm not central European inhabitant). I was really interested in an answer since just few days ago SharkX beta was posted without announcing it ...

I was intentionally provoked - since I'm not a Christian, I'm not obliged to hand my other cheek.

Instead of lowering the flames (yes the title was do you want to keep fighting, however ...), I was being making fun of and even suggested that my motivation are not pure (I'm modding for promoting sharing and reducing leechery usage - not for credits, not for money, not to "steal" other mods audience).

I'm sorry that this board is not moderated in real or semi real time with firm control, however trying to resolve this manner via PM or via usage of "off topic" and or whiners forums would leave the stage to the offending side.

Trust me, there's no one that is more fed up with this "Stulle Vs Taz" dispute

#20 User is offline   aSceT 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Since "bitching" flows in this thread, let me add my ₪0.02

Is this "here's my new mod come check/test it out" thread? No.
Is this "I've started development of new mod and need your ideas and help in testing" thread? No.
Maybe it is "I have an idea for new mod - share your ideas on features should be implemented" thread? Nope.
Well, is it "I want to develop new mod for releasing - lets elaborate its concept" thread then? Neeeeew.
and nothing in-between.

Then what is it? Nothing.

No offense, taz-me, but where is at least a bit of constructivism?
Give us at least something to look at/test/elaborate/suggest. I even didn't got your general idea, except that it will be ZZUL-based mod, which might be (i suppose) a mod for releasing...
Otherwise, i see no point in this "discussion".

• Member Options

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users