Official eMule-Board: Ac_searchstrings.dat Or Storedsearches.met? - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Ac_searchstrings.dat Or Storedsearches.met?

#1 User is offline   Oswin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:46 AM

I searched the forum and found some posts on my topic but didn't find a post that answered my question. So here goes.

I have more than 30 searches but when I shut down eMule and open AC_SearchStrings.dat it contains only 30 lines. The file is also only 1KB. Is there a limit of 30 search terms stored in AC_SearchStrings.dat? If not, do I have a problem? eMule does update the file to the current time when I close it, so I think it is wring to the file.

The file StoredSearches.met is much larger and contains a lot of stuff but it isn't entirely human readable. But it looks like it contains all search stuff.

Do these two files work together? I still think all the search terms ought to be listed in AC_SearchStrings.dat because the article "How To Clear Emule's Search History!" tells us we can delete some or all search terms with a text editor from AC_SearchStrings.dat.

The reason I ask is eMule crashed once and I lost searches. Not wanting this to happen again I thought maybe I could just back up a file to preserve the searches and the AC_SearchStrings.dat seemed to be the file to backup. But maybe it's as simple as backing up StoredSearches.met. Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:12 AM

Yes there is a limit with saved search strings. Not sure how high it is but it could well be 30. And as far as I know there's no way to increase it. However, I think I vaguely remember that there has been a feature request about it.

StoredSearches.met has nothing to do with this. It saves your current open search tabs/results so they are still there in case you restart emule. There was a bug though, not sure if it is already fixed in the current version.

You can switch on/off both options in Options > Display ("Autocompletion" for the first, "Remember open searches..." for the latter).

#3 User is offline   Oswin 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

View PostWulp, on Dec 10 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

StoredSearches.met has nothing to do with this. It saves your current open search tabs/results so they are still there in case you restart emule. There was a bug though, not sure if it is already fixed in the current version.

Thanks. I think the answer to my question is StoredSearches.met. If open search tabs/results are stored in StoredSearches.met then that would be the file to back up.

If I understand correctly, the last 30 searches would be stored in AC_SearchStrings.dat even though there may be no search results tabs open when we exit eMule.

This post has been edited by Oswin: 10 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users