Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:35 PM
1) eMule is free software and you can find it on sourceforge.net
2) especially if you are using OS created after windows xp, give to emule the correct shared usage settings
3) check your id
4) setup at best your options connection
5) be sure to have a good server list
6) search files possibly with high availability and at least 1% of complete sources
7) if you want use only emule and want a good download, increase your found sources to about 3000-4000 (if you have a good pc, it works also with other programs); example: 40 files with 100 sources each one
- Make sure you have downloaded your eMule client from sourceforge.net (it's free software !!!)
- Check your shared usage (click) settings. You find your choice in emule options extended - sharing emule with other computer users:
If you are using OS after windows xp, the second choice, everyone has the same configuration and downloads, should be the less problematic.
You can also check How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista (and Seven) (click)
Or you can check this post (click) (that it's similar to the previous one).
Searching the forum, you will find dozens of topics on this!
- check your id (click)
if you have a router (click), you should "open" (forward/redirect) these ports (click)
You can look also at this post (click)
if setting a router is too difficult for you, or you can not set your connection to get a high id, go to the next point.
Set at least the exceptions in your firewall (click).
- setup at best your options connection (click)
- The following list of operations is very simple and sufficient to have a good server list:
In the options - server, deselect all the options
In the server tab, delete all the servers
In "update server.met from url:" copy/paste the following link and click on update
http://www.gruk.org/server.met http://shortypower.dyndns.org/server.met http://en.emulehelp.com/server.met (from irc channel: #emule-english) http://serveurs.emule-french.org (from irc channel: #emule-french) http://sites.google.com/site/ircemulespanish/descargas-2/server.met (from irc channel: #emule-spanish)
If you know how the ipfilters work, get the ipfilter that blocks only bad/inactive(dead)/strange-behavior servers (click)
If you don't know how the ipfilters work, read the docs - ipfilters (click) and/or the specific guide How To Filter Ips With Emule Using ipfilter.dat (click)
There are other ip filters that block 2 to 3 billions of IPs... You ought really to know that they could block many useful sources too.
Now you can press the "lightning" for connect your emule (both server and kad).
You can go also in the server tab and press connect, but it connects only a server and it will not connect the kad network.
If you want to connect also (or only) to the kad network, you should go in the kad tab and press connect... if it doesn't connect, follow one of the operations explained here (click)
- search files (click) possibly with high availability and at least 1% of complete sources
preferred search method:
When you search files with server or global(server) or automatic methods, be sure to have a clean serverlist, because there are malicious servers that could return spam results; like these:
When kad spamming was starting, the following operation worked... Now it doesn't work anymore.
QuoteWhen you search files with kad network, put 229 kb (or a one "1") into the "Min. Size [MB]" entry, because kad network has got the spam problem too.
If you search your files through kad network, avoid those ones with very high availability and with number 1 between parenthesis...
If you can't see the number between parenthesis, you can enable it into options - extended: "show more controls (advanced mode controls)".
And you SHOULD use a good antivirus....!!!!!
- if you want use only emule and want a good GLOBAL download, increase your found sources (in statistics - transfers - download - session) to about 3000-4000 (if you have a good pc, it works also with other programs opened) ... Download only files that you need (and not randomly)!
Example: 40 files with 100 sources each one.
The speed of the file will be faster if it will have lot of sources ... and vice versa, the speed of the file will be slower if it will have a bit (or only one) of sources.
- Your emule client asks files to some source, but it is not the only one that is requesting those files... there are other emule clients (of other people) that are requesting parts/chunks of the same (or other) files.
So your client have to wait in the queue of that/those source(s) for some time.
More time your client is connected, more score it will have.
When your client will be in top of the queue of one (or more) of the other clients, it will get a "part" (or "chunk", about 9 MB).
After your client has downloaded a "part", it returns at the end of the queue (of the source that has sent to you the part).
Your client can download the same part from different clients, or it can download different parts from different clients; but your client can not download more than one part simultaneously from another client... remember this when you are downloading multiple files from the same source (search the docs for "ask for another file - A4AF").
This post has been edited by xilolee: 10 October 2012 - 02:13 AM
italian guides - guide della sezione italiana --- come ottenere aiuto
italian support - sezione italiana --- scaricare la lista server --- i filtri ip
ottenere id alto --- aprire le porte nel router --- recuperare file corrotti
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa!
Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:12 AM
1) check your id
2) setup at best your options connection
3) get a reliable server list & ip filter
4) search files possibly with high availability and at least 1% of complete sources
5) if you want use only emule and want a good download, increase your found sources to about 3000-4000 (if you have a good pc, it works also with other programs); example: 40 files with 100 sources each one
Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:57 PM
Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:50 PM
While eMule is waiting, you have time to read Docs, guides and adjust settings.
fox88, you are %100 right, that's what I'm doing right now.