Official eMule-Board: Ed2k Not Connecting Any More - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Ed2k Not Connecting Any More help with eD2K connection

#1 User is offline   me30960 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

I've searched both the forum and the internet in general and found nothing that could help me with this.

Up until two or three days ago, emule was working fine, if behind a firewall. Since I'm in residence at university, and the firewall is the university's, I'm pretty sure there is no way I can access to it to tell you what type. Even with the firewall, both kad and eD2K were connecting normally for two weeks through this connection, but eD2K stopped connecting for no reason that I can see while kad still works normally. I've tried getting a new server list a couple of times, with no result. I've also tried enabling protocol obfuscation as well as lowering the number of maximum uploads and connections with no result. I'm using Vista, and I don't know what the internet connection is through the university, but probably DSL or cable. I'm on the latest released version of emule. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or know how to solve mine?

#2 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

If you get low id, servers can reject your connection if they have fullfilled their % of low id users allowed. Being connected to kad you dan have any problem, but the fact that kad do not reconnect automatically, and you can't search in servers.

Cheers :D

#3 User is offline   me30960 

• Pip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with having a low id. If it were just a server reaching a limit with low id users, wouldn't another server on my list, which I updated as the first thing when the problem started, not have that problem?

I've found the log on the server screen since I last posted, and it tells me that it actually does connect, then sends a log in request, which then times out. This seems to be happening for every server.

#4 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:24 AM

Chances are the University are blocking you deliberately. All you can do is try changing ports.

But, as Torpon said, if Kad works then that's all you need.

#5 User is offline   me30960 

• Pip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

Thanks. I've just tried changing ports, both TCP and UDP, but it didn't work. Is just changing one number enough, or do I have to do something more specific? Also, I need to have eD2K working because the university's firewall is keeping me from getting anything more than a low id, so I can't use kad properly.

#6 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:22 AM

To use Kad you don't need servers at all.

Cheers :D

#7 User is offline   me30960 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

I know. But since I'm behind a firewall kad won't connect to very many people, and I still need eD2K.

This post has been edited by me30960: 08 September 2008 - 12:35 AM

#8 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:42 AM

When you are behind a firewall you access the Kad network via a non-firewalled user. But it remains a single point of access to the network just as if you were not firewalled.

So, either it connects or it doesn't.

The only reason you might need to be on both networks (other than to benefit the community) is for very rare files - ie. 1-2 sources total. You lose the ability to search servers but Kad is often better for this anyway.

#9 User is offline   me30960 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:42 AM

I've tried reinstalling emule, and after trying and failing once, it's now telling me that I'm connected to both eD2K and kad, but this has only connected once in the past three days. Also, all the downloads I had before all have no sources anymore. Does anyone know what is going on? When I checked the log, and it's telling me that the connection I have to one server is obfuscated.

This post has been edited by me30960: 08 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

#10 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:40 AM

Just a note. Reinstall very rarely solves connectivity problems. In most cases, proper settings are needed.

#11 User is offline   me30960 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for all the help. Emule seems to be working again, and connecting to some server that wasn't on my list before through protocol obfuscation. I couldn't really say if this was dumb luck or something I did that got it working though.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users