Official eMule-Board: How To Build Emule 0.49b With Vs 2003 - Official eMule-Board

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

How To Build Emule 0.49b With Vs 2003

#1 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Debugger

Post icon  Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

IMPORTANT:
If you make modifications to eMule and you distribute the compiled version of your build, be sure to obey the GPL license. You have to include the source code, or make it available for download together with the binary version.

This has been tested with Visual Studio 2003. Please report if this description works for you or not.

Remember the Speech API

The Microsoft Speech SDK need to be installed on the machine, and your Visual Studio must point to the Include and Lib\i386 directories. Download and install the Speech SDK, then go to Visual Studio Menu->Tools->Options, Chose Projects->"VC++ Directories" and add "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1\Include" under "Include Files" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1\Lib\i386" under "Library Files". This must only be done once.

How to build eMule 0.49b:

1. Download the 0.49b eMule sources. Unpack them.

2. Download the eMule 0.49b libs archive: ed2k://|file|eMule-0.49b-libs.zip|1732292|0D1C22554DD88A11883D73B3624D929D|/ and unpack it.

3. Copy the directories in the libs archive to the same place where the srchybrid and id3lib directories are. Should be like this (red directories are from libs archive):

Directory structure for the eMule sources said:

crypto51
id3lib
libpng
ResizableLib
srchybrid
zlib

4. Open the srchybrid\emule_vc71-all.sln file in Visual Studio.

5. Select "Release" or "Debug" in the drop down list in the toolbar.

6. Press build solution. All libs should build automatically and then eMule will build, using those libs.

Done! :+1:

If you instead want to download the sources for all libs individually and put together your own compilation solution, here's how to do that: http://forum.emule-p...showtopic=22730

/zz B)
ZZUL - get control of your uploads: ZZUL Forum

#2 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

There are also new solution and project files for newer Visual Studios. I haven't tested those myself, but they may help with compiling with newer VS, so I included them in the package.

/zz B)

This post has been edited by zz: 04 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

#3 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:29 AM

VS2005:

There are various misses of platformSDK (upnp.h, qedit.h) and directX SDK for VS2005 (as a temp work around I've used files distributed with eMuleFuture 0.7 SRC).

libs & 0.49b (once the above resolved) compiles smoothly :respect: :+1:
P2P is about sharing, ed2k is my choice !

#4 User is offline   Enig123 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

zz, any changelog of those libs?

#5 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

I think the project files are the only thing touched compared to the base versions of those dists, but I don't maintain them, so I'm not sure.

I just packed them up.

/zz B)

#6 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

After I deleted all v8 & v9 projects - all other files were the same (except old lib contained several stray CVS files).

#7 User is offline   Shromilder 

• Pip

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

With VS2008, first there's errors in eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\vstudio\vc9\zlibstat.vcproj lines 29 & 98:
InheritedPropertySheets="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005\VC\VCProjectDefaults\UpgradeFromVC70.vsprops"
must be changed to
InheritedPropertySheets="UpgradeFromVC70.vsprops"

After that, i've had the same problems than taz-me
So i've downloaded eMule.v0.48a.eMuleFuture.v0.7_Source.7z like he said and add all .h files from DirectX\Include directory into my directory
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include

Then, ATL server isn't supported anymore with VS2008 (like said here: http://blogs.msdn.co...er-library.aspx ) so i've downloaded it from http://www.codeplex....hangeSetId=3691

Then from file AtlServer-3691.zip, i've put all files (not the directories) of directory Include into the directory of emule project: srchybrid\
Then open file srchybrid\SendMail.cpp and change line 22 from
#include "atlsmtpconnection.h"
to
#include <atlsmtpconnection.h>

After that, all is OK =)

#8 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

Hmmm..... if got the problem, that I've get the missing qedit.h warning.... (using VS2003 SP1 !!!!)
Posted Image

You want a light mod with source-dropping, Powershare and WiZaRd's ClientAnalyzer ?
Try Spike2-Mod !

You rather want to stick to official eMule but don't want to miss all the new fixes and optimizations from the mods ?
Try OfFixed-Mod !

This post has been edited 1 time, the last time by God: Tomorrow, 12:74 PM

#9 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:39 PM

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I still need help: using VS2003 SP1 I get the "missing qedit.h" ?? Shouldn't this only be possible under VS2005/2008 ? What can I do to solve that problem ?
Posted Image

You want a light mod with source-dropping, Powershare and WiZaRd's ClientAnalyzer ?
Try Spike2-Mod !

You rather want to stick to official eMule but don't want to miss all the new fixes and optimizations from the mods ?
Try OfFixed-Mod !

#10 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

View PostFamerlor, on Aug 12 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I still need help: using VS2003 SP1 I get the "missing qedit.h" ?? Shouldn't this only be possible under VS2005/2008 ? What can I do to solve that problem ?

Isn't if a part of DirectX SDK?
If you need only that one file, google can help to find and download it.

#11 User is offline   moloko+ 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:08 AM

View Postfox88, on Aug 4 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

After I deleted all v8 & v9 projects - all other files were the same (except old lib contained several stray CVS files).

Were the libs the same as the 0.49a libs? I compiled with the 0.49a lib package.

/edit:

View PostFamerlor, on Aug 12 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

I'm sure you've fixed it by now, but in case maybe repair the vs2003 install.

This post has been edited by moloko+: 13 August 2008 - 03:11 AM

#12 User is offline   Famerlor 

• also known as Spike2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

I didn't fix it until now. I don't understand the problem, cause all Mules until 49a compile just fine, the problem is only with 49b-BETA1 and onwards. If I've understood the comments correctly the problem with the missing qedit.h should only be possible on later VS-Versions but not in VS2003-SP1. Or is for some new feature in 49b now the DirectX-SDK needed ?!? (Which I didn't need until now and therefore haven't installed it).
Posted Image

Try Spike2-Mod !

Try OfFixed-Mod !

#13 User is offline   moloko+ 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

I recently reinstalled vs2003 and the service pack update (SP1) and the Speech SDK 5.1, as per instructions on this thread and 0.49b compiles without a problem. AFAIK, the DirectX-SDK 2007 is only needed for vs2005+(?). Maybe try Repair/Modify the vs2003 installation to see if something hasn't been corrupted. Hope it helps. If you choose to uninstall vs2003 check the installer files in the c:\windows\installer directory. The names have been obfuscated but in the properties dialog of the installer there is info as to which program it belongs to.

StulleMule, SilverSurfer and eMulefuture mods do have the qedit header, you might need to add it to the includes of the project, but it is unusual if you are using vs2003... :unsure:

#14 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

Or is for some new feature in 49b now the DirectX-SDK needed ?!? (Which I didn't need until now and therefore haven't installed it).

If you don't use VS2003, you need the DirectX SDK, but not the newest version which doesn't includes this file for some reason but an older one (sorry dont have a link right now, just do a google search for it). Older eMule source version silently disabled features when compiling with VS2005 and later which is not an acceptable solution because some of those features are remotely used. If you use VS2003 and this problem appears then your probably either didn't installed all SDKs which came with the package or your installed other SDKs and and assigned them a higher priority (Tools->Options->Projects) than the native ones, so that VS2003 tries to use those instead the proper ones.

#15 User is offline   debil1 

• PipPip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

where did u take the upnp.h? I found there only qedit.h.

View Posttaz-me, on Aug 2 2008, 02:29 PM, said:

VS2005:

There are various misses of platformSDK (upnp.h, qedit.h) and directX SDK for VS2005 (as a temp work around I've used files distributed with eMuleFuture 0.7 SRC).

libs & 0.49b (once the above resolved) compiles smoothly :respect: :+1:

#16 User is offline   Stu Redman 

• PipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

View PostShromilder, on Aug 7 2008, 11:41 AM, said:

So i've downloaded eMule.v0.48a.eMuleFuture.v0.7_Source.7z like he said and add all .h files from DirectX\Include directory into my directory
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include

Excellent instruction. :+1:

I've done it a little differently (VS2008, Vista):
instead of adding includes I used information from here:
- remove the #include <dxtrans.h> from c:\Programme\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include\qedit.h
- before every include of qedit.h (MediaInfo.h FrameGrabThread.cpp), add:
#define __IDxtCompositor_INTERFACE_DEFINED__
#define __IDxtAlphaSetter_INTERFACE_DEFINED__
#define __IDxtJpeg_INTERFACE_DEFINED__
#define __IDxtKey_INTERFACE_DEFINED__
#include <qedit.h>

Then, ATL server isn't supported anymore with VS2008 (like said here: http://blogs.msdn.co...er-library.aspx ) so i've downloaded it from http://www.codeplex....hangeSetId=3691

Then from file AtlServer-3691.zip, i've put all files (not the directories) of directory Include into the directory of emule project: srchybrid\

It's enough to add
atlmime.h
atlrx.h
atlsmtpconnection.h
atlsmtputil.h
atlspriv.h
atlspriv.inl

Then open file srchybrid\SendMail.cpp and change line 22 from
#include "atlsmtpconnection.h"
to
#include <atlsmtpconnection.h>

That wasn't necessary for me.

Everything else works exactly as in Shromilder's instruction.

#17 User is offline   debil1 

• PipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

found the solution...
download the MS platform SDK SP1. from:
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
then use VS to link there. any problems u had will be resolved then.

#18 User is offline   Sebastian2 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:39 AM

Hello,

I tried compiling with VS2005 on Win2kSP4. I downloaded the source and the lib. I extracted it to a folder. Then updated the speech sdk and pointed the 2 paths to the direction as described in firts post in this thread. I opened the right file and choosed yes when I was asked to convert the files because they were built with a older version of VS. It converts without errors. Then choosed Release in Dropdownbox.

When using "emule erstellen" (german version of VS) then this errors come up:

Fehler	1	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	647	
Fehler	2	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	649	
Fehler	3	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	663	
Fehler	4	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	720	
Fehler	5	error PRJ0019: Ein Tool hat einen Fehlercode aus folgender Quelle zurückgegeben: "Ein benutzerdefinierter Buildschritt wird ausgeführt."	zlib	
Fehler	10	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "ddraw.h": No such file or directory	E:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\strmif.h	21826	
Fehler	11	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "upnp.h": No such file or directory	e:\dokumente und einstellungen\administrator\desktop\emule0.49b-sources\srchybrid\UPnPImplWinServ.h	28	
Fehler	18	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "upnp.h": No such file or directory	e:\dokumente und einstellungen\administrator\desktop\emule0.49b-sources\srchybrid\UPnPImplWinServ.h	28	
Fehler	20	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "ddraw.h": No such file or directory	E:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\strmif.h	21826	
Fehler	81	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "ddraw.h": No such file or directory	E:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\strmif.h	21826	
Fehler	83	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "ddraw.h": No such file or directory	E:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\strmif.h	21826	

So I downloaded emule future version described in this thread and copied all .h files from Directx/Include to srchybrid-directory. After that the errors are like this:

Fehler	1	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	647	
Fehler	2	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	649	
Fehler	3	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	663	
Fehler	4	error A2070: invalid instruction operands	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\zlib\contrib\masmx86\inffas32.asm	720	
Fehler	5	error PRJ0019: Ein Tool hat einen Fehlercode aus folgender Quelle zurückgegeben: "Ein benutzerdefinierter Buildschritt wird ausgeführt."	zlib	
Fehler	10	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "qedit.h": No such file or directory	e:\dokumente und einstellungen\administrator\desktop\emule0.49b-sources\srchybrid\MediaInfo.h	74	
Fehler	11	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "upnp.h": No such file or directory	e:\dokumente und einstellungen\administrator\desktop\emule0.49b-sources\srchybrid\UPnPImplWinServ.h	28	
Fehler	18	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "upnp.h": No such file or directory	e:\dokumente und einstellungen\administrator\desktop\emule0.49b-sources\srchybrid\UPnPImplWinServ.h	28	
Fehler	20	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "qedit.h": No such file or directory	e:\dokumente und einstellungen\administrator\desktop\emule0.49b-sources\srchybrid\MediaInfo.h	74	
Fehler	81	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "qedit.h": No such file or directory	e:\dokumente und einstellungen\administrator\desktop\emule0.49b-sources\srchybrid\MediaInfo.h	74	
Fehler	83	fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werden: "qedit.h": No such file or directory	e:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\eMule0.49b-Sources\srchybrid\FrameGrabThread.cpp	51	

A little other errors but still errors.

Can someone tell me where the problem could be? Is it related to Win2k maybe? Or do I have to download this MS platform SDK? And what should I point the to what?

Greetings!
Sebastian

#19 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

Look around, you'll find topic(s) - how to compile eMule in VS 2005.

#20 User is offline   Sebastian2 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

In this subforum I only saw 2 Threads + 2 Stickythreads. With search there are a lot more...

So I found this thread: http://forum.emule-p...s...7&hl=vs2005

I will ask there.

Greetings!
Sebastian

• Member Options

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users