Official eMule-Board: Emule Severs Internet Connection? - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Emule Severs Internet Connection?

#1 User is offline   thesarge 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

Hey there.

I don't know if you can help me, or if there already were problems as mine (then please point me in the right direction)...

But I'm pretty frustrated right about now. :(

For about two weeks, the same things happens, whenever I start emule and connect to either KAD or the servers (when they were still working): My connections dies. Or rather: The whole connection for my house dies. It worked for years, but now... Well, it doesn't.

What happens is this:

I open eMule. - Net works.
A few minutes pass - Net still works
After 2 minutes or so... - Net dies.

For everyone connected to the router I'm on.

But when I then close eMule, or disconnect Kad/Servers and wait a few moments, the net starts working. And my router's status-report doesn't show any disconnect.

That started happening with 0.48 and still happens with 0.49

Does anyone know what's wrong?
(For the record: I didn't change anything on either the router or eMule. And it worked flawlessly for 2 years now.)

#2 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

This is just typical overloading symptoms (too many simultaneous connections).

Try:

Max Connections 200 (options/connection) - to avoid overloading router.
Max New Connections/5sec 10 (options/extended) - to avoid reaching the limit set above.
Max Half-Open Connections 9 (options/extended) - to avoid XP SP2 onward limit.
UL Limit so you see straight line on graph (when not using USS). Normally this will be approx 75% upload bandwidth. This accounts for overheads.
No more than 3000 sources total when using above settings. More would be wasted. This must be managed manually. See statistics for total and stop downloads to achieve if necessary.

Although you may not have had this problem before it all depends on what the limits/rates were previously set to and whether, crucially, you ever had the conditions to cause a router crash. This may of course include activities on other machines in the network, especially if any are also running P2P.

Another possible reason is the use of Kad itself where some routers don't like the UDP packets. If the above settings don't help then you might have to try disconnecting Kad.

This post has been edited by niclights: 25 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users