Official eMule-Board: New Dlp (Dynamic Leecher Protection) - Official eMule-Board

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

New Dlp (Dynamic Leecher Protection) current version v 44 [16.04.11]

#101 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

Are you asking about v9.7 ?
From MorphXT FAQ;

There is no Morph 9.7. This version string is send from Morph version > 10.0 to older or unknown clients to work arround a bug of Morph not being able to hand 2 digit version numbers. It is a Morph version >=10.0

This post has been edited by omeringen: 27 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

#102 User is offline   feathia 

• PipPip

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

I'm sorry, I don't know it is in FAQ.
It's strange to me.The mod had no random code and it change the modstring from 9.7 to 11.3.

This post has been edited by feathia: 27 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

#103 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

that is a workaround for some old bug. that workaround will probably be dropped in a future version.
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#104 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:28 AM

I don't really believe I'm posting here ( ;) ), however - whatever :

After timeless checking of data collected by my beta testers and myself, I might have something to finally detect current random str leecher mods.

If mod is 0.49b based and sends modstr (i.e. besides being based on 0.49b) and client is within Israel IP ranges (I'm aware a minimal requirement of IP2Country ...) > 99% (I'd dare to say about >99.3-99.4%) it is TLN/TLH.

In the most unlikely event that an "innocent" (i.e. Israeli official 0.49b based mod) will be falsely detected - I can be the one to blame.

If decided to be implemented - an early notification (via PM, email - whatever) to me will validate a post on non leecher communities (to be frank - I probably should say community without the "s" :cry: )of the coming change, so that users will update the mod they use.

:)
P2P is about sharing, ed2k is my choice !

#105 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

we don't ban on indicators like that. it would basically be a country ban!

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#106 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

View PostStulle, on 19 November 2009 - 06:40 PM, said:

we don't ban on indicators like that. it would basically be a country ban!

The random str leecher version usage is mostly limited to Israel, and so far no code even came close to idenify it - so ...

Just a simple correction a narrowed country ban - only mods, not official. Not any mod - just those based on 0.49b, among which this leecher usage is >99% (and rest assure the <1% are not always using non leecher mods - most of those are detected by CA as fast askers ...).

For the record AJ hash ban was known at the time of implementation to frame ~4% (accuracy of ~96%).

What's included within DLP is not decided by me - thus I prefer to use "all my artillery" in one post. Take or leave I haven't anything more to suggest or point out on this matter.

#107 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

and what if somebody made a private modification and did not update it yet? even a picky country ban with a whitelist and whatnot is a country ban and it is not up to anybody to decide a country is full of filthy leechers.

#108 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:12 AM

Wow, much rather than keeping this strictly ontopic Taz decided to get personal and move the discussion to ensure I ain't gonna misuse my moderator power. This is outrageous to me and I am sharing this bit of information with you just so you can see what happens when a simpleton does not like to be teached by a person he had problems with in the past. Most disgusting how Taz thinks to handle business.

Anyway, feel free to post your mind here or in his new thread on eMF.

And all this because I find it unfair to ban people for being Israely and using an unknown mod... pah!

This post has been edited by Stulle: 20 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

#109 User is offline   jerryBG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

ok, let's be frank here, i request the removal of modstring entries in the upcoming future DLP revision

"Aurora"
< yeah, tha's mine, i did not relesed it, thus no need to release the source, i have shared it only with my 3-4 friend who did not even used it regularly

"TSmod"
< was my personal VS08 compilation of early Tombstone BETA, gave it new name so that in case i would screw something, the Tombstone itself would not take blame, makes me wonder whether the real Tombstone modstring would not ends up on the list too

"Picapica"
< was a modstring in the past (around spring time) then it was used by my friend as CustomModstring

"PeaceMule"
< plain CustomModstring of the same friend of mine

the picture i have posted here , which was deleted immediately(perhaps for the FriendNote comment) contained my friend list with both CustomStrings in the ModID nick addon

i believe there is no hard evidence for the above mentioned modstrings being in the DLP, in fact there can't be any ... unless of course me or my cat accidentally screwed up someting about reask times or something

and being spotted downloading/uploading of releaser mod(cosidered bad mod) i DO NOT find a reason enough for being punished

thanks for your reconsideration

#110 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

well, got no problem with the last three if they are unused or custom mod strings but i am kind of uncertain about the first one. i mean, if it's just 4 or 5 users around the net using this there is little use for this ban but what tells me you won't reconsider on your end and release it to a wider audience? well, i will have to make my mind up on this. like said before, i was not exactly happy with the latest developments of the DLP which was basically the reason even custom mod strings got added.

anyway, on the topic of releaser mods only this much, to my believe there is no need for anything deemed bad in this board to make a good releaser mod. in fact, i helped some guys setting up StulleMule clients on a 100 MBit/s remote box for releasing purpose and the guys are happy. i also setup StulleMule as service at another guys box and it worked just great using only the WebInterface and a ftp Server to pull/push files from/to the server. that means to say no bad features like manual kick ban were even available there.

about the picture, i do not know which picture you are talking about but it was not me who deleted it, if it got deleted.

#111 User is offline   jerryBG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

View PostStulle, on 21 November 2009 - 01:16 PM, said:

well, got no problem with the last three if they are unused or custom mod strings but i am kind of uncertain about the first one. i mean, if it's just 4 or 5 users around the net using this there is little use for this ban but what tells me you won't reconsider on your end and release it to a wider audience? well, i will have to make my mind up on this. like said before, i was not exactly happy with the latest developments of the DLP which was basically the reason even custom mod strings got added.

anyway, on the topic of releaser mods only this much, to my believe there is no need for anything deemed bad in this board to make a good releaser mod. in fact, i helped some guys setting up StulleMule clients on a 100 MBit/s remote box for releasing purpose and the guys are happy. i also setup StulleMule as service at another guys box and it worked just great using only the WebInterface and a ftp Server to pull/push files from/to the server. that means to say no bad features like manual kick ban were even available there.

about the picture, i do not know which picture you are talking about but it was not me who deleted it, if it got deleted.

... what tells you ? what tells you that you can trust me on those last three ? you can't know, so either you do trust me or not, that's what a trust is

if i would decided to spread it more, i would release it with source, as it would pleased me to contribute to eMule network, and as it would spare me of the endless hassle "good/bad"

but then again, neither me nor my mod is ready ;)

#112 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

well, you got that right... well, i think i will have to trust you in this based on your recent contributions in various places. if evidence is brought to my attention that either of these mods is a real leecher that is being distributed i can still readd it.

#113 User is offline   jerryBG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

View PostStulle, on 21 November 2009 - 02:12 PM, said:

well, you got that right... well, i think i will have to trust you in this based on your recent contributions in various places. if evidence is brought to my attention that either of these mods is a real leecher that is being distributed i can still readd it.

thank you !

[perhaps a spampost but who cares]

#114 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

haha, it's always nice to hear a thank you so don't worry about it. :)

#115 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Taken from DLP V39 :
	static const CString testModString[] = {_T("Xtreme"), _T("ScarAngel"), _T("Mephisto"), _T("MorphXT"), _T("EastShare"), _T("StulleMule"), /*_T("Magic Angel"),*/ _T("DreaMule"), _T("X-Mod"), _T("RaJiL")};
	static const float testMinVer[] = {4.4f, 2.5f, 1.5f, 10.0f, 13.0f, 6.0f, /*3.0f,*/ 3.0f, 0.0f, 2.2f};

By my dictionary this is a white list (short one though) - used for testing "ModString Thief" based on nick content. This list is composed of mods which uses a shared mechanism for identifying nick thieves. The question whether the usage of this list to detect other things, with or without justified / legitimate identification logic - does not make it something other then a white list Posted Image

(personnal note : posting in this topic does not mean one had followed the entire chain of posts from topic's 1'st post Posted Image)

#116 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

View Posttaz-me, on 28 January 2010 - 12:17 PM, said:

By my dictionary this is a white list (short one though) - used for testing "ModString Thief" based on nick content. This list is composed of mods which uses a shared mechanism for identifying nick thieves. The question whether the usage of this list to detect other things, with or without justified / legitimate identification logic - does not make it something other then a white list Posted Image

That's not a whitelist but rather a "blacklist" because it contains the names of the mods that can be checked (similar to the one I added to the CA).

#117 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:43 AM

I'm sorry to disagree Posted Image- the color of the list is not determind by the outcome, but rather by how it is used. In this case the list members are known to share a common mechanism - which in turn is used to detect "bad guys". It's usage in term of code is the other way around from other lists (nicks for example) which are used as is for "punishing" upon their direct content.

BTW: such a white list can be used if wished for other detection purposes Posted Image, for example cross checking against official versions ...

#118 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

Hmmm... you know I'm usually on your side and trying to understand you/clarify your texts to others but I have to disagree in that case...
It's not a whitelist. It'd be if it were used to exclude that mods from certain checks/punishments but it doesn't as far as I can see. It's a list of supported mods or mods that support a certain detection scheme... I cannot see any whilelist mechanism used there.

#119 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

i agree with wizard. it should be noted that at least five of the mentioned mods certainly agree with this method. if they wanted to stop using this method now they will have to provide a certain timespan for users to move on to versions that do not require this anymore. so no there is no problem with adjusting the DLP once this has been decided.

this means to say that this scanning is just fine for MorphXT, StulleMule, ScarAngel and Mephisto as of my decision. it is also fine for Xtreme because zz_fly - who is the current modder of eMule Xtreme - actually introduced this code. EastShare, X-Mule and DreaMule are based on at least one of the above and they did not remove this method so they are expected to be conform with this, if they are not, i will remove this upon notice. i do not know much about Rajil but as for removal i am saying just the same as for the other mods mentioned before.

anyway, if these mods consider clients bad that do not met the cireterias this code uses for detection we may just as well do the same. thus is this not a whitelist but just a mean to distinguish if a mod is what it appears to be. adding single entries for each modversion - such as "is mod-xy and string in nick is not present or wrong" - would do just the same. we are limiting it to certain mods and see if they behave like expected.

i hope my reasoning has been sufficient to not get myself confronted with false accusations of turning this down because of personal troubles with your person.

(personal note: you admitted you knew about the workarround and that was the point i was making and trying to prove so this is now an obsolete topic for me.)

This post has been edited by Stulle: 28 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

#120 User is offline   taz-me 

• I'm taz (a modder)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

The lists can be called as wished (white / black /yellow - whatever), however the fact remains : those are maintained lists. On those lists one can conduct positives tests (i.e. which is included in a list) or negative ones (all that are not included - I'm not suggesting this to be implemented, just as a point to think about : list of all official mods).

The content of the lists, what is checked and what is done upon check outcome is implementation dependent. The list discussed is a list of mods upon which a ceratin logic is applied for validation. One can use other logic against list containing these mods or other (full or partial) list of official mods for (positive or negative) validation - regardless of the logic the validation is using.

• Member Options

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users