Official eMule-Board: Udp Problems With Emule And Zonealarm - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Udp Problems With Emule And Zonealarm

#1 User is offline   gaetano_gatto 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:57 PM

Last version of ZoneAlarm Suite is running on my pc as firewall..I've just installed eMule but connection test on UDP port goes failed :ranting:

Could anybody indicate me how to solve this situation?

#2 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

Have you set rules for eMule in your firewall, don't forget windows and antivirus built in ones, allowing all outgoing traffic, and incoming traffic by the ports you set in Options/Connections?.
Have you forwarded in your router these same ports to the ip of your computer?. You can look for a tutorial for your router at Portforward.com

Cheers :D

This post has been edited by torpon: 23 February 2008 - 01:58 AM

#3 User is offline   gaetano_gatto 

• PipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

Thank you, Torpon!

Windows firewall is off, it is working only ZoneAlarm Suite as firewall, antivirus and antispam...

eMule his allowed to connect internet in ZoneAlarm (how can I send you a screeenshot of it ? )...

now I'll control my router but before installing ZoneAlarm, eMule was perfectly working.

#4 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

You have to host the image in sites like imageshack.us, then copy the URL they provide, and depending on the URL just paste it on your message or click on insert image button.
My knowledge about ZA is 0, but sure there are people hear who can help you.

Cheers :D

#5 User is offline   gaetano_gatto 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Thank you again!!

I'll wait for someone with good will to help me with eMule and ZoneAlarm...

#6 User is offline   boogzee 

• Pip

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

View Postgaetano_gatto, on Feb 22 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

Last version of ZoneAlarm Suite is running on my pc as firewall..I've just installed eMule but connection test on UDP port goes failed :ranting:

Could anybody indicate me how to solve this situation?

first, go to portforward.com it is here where you set your ports for incoming and outgoing traffic. click on our routers section at top left side of page but down a few inches. choose the router you have and then you will be guided to a list of programs you are forwarding ports for. choose emule under E and the rest is self explanatory(choose high numbers for your ports such as 40400 and 50200) . after you have achieved this, open zone alarm and click on your firewall and choose the main tab. choose custom under internet zone security. scroll down the list and check all udp and tcp ports that support the port numbers you chose for emule ie. 40400/50200. repeat this step under trusted zone security. next, click on advanced (in your firewall section) and disable windows firewall.theres no need for it since you have ZA. next, choose the zones tab and add 127.0.0.1 ip/site to loopback adapter if it is not already there. ZA may configure this ip itself after you have allowed your port numbers into the trusted zones. its been quite some time since i did this with my ZA but think it will help you considerably. do another connection test. best of luck.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users