I'd like to see the following features implemented (some of them I miss after migration from SF-iom mod):
- List of requested files should be a scrollable box, not a messagebox (messagebox exceeds screen size after 30+ files with long filenames that tend to wrap)
- File comments and bad/poor/fair/good/excellent ratings set by other servents should be viewable and my own comments and ratings editable in the same dialog window, uniformly, both in 'transfer' window and 'shared files' window.
- [new request] File comments and bad/poor/fair/good/excellent ratings set by other servents should be cached and then viewable even when the corresponding servent is already disconnected. (When I try to view a user comment in Morph, the mod sometimes quickly deletes the comment before I see it and hides the rating marker if the corresponding servent is already disconnected.)
- If no comments/ratings are set, a filename in transfer window should not have an empty left indent.
- It should be possible to preview incomplete files (and to open complete files) from 'shared files' window and from 'on queue' window to see what's shared.
- Very small files should be uploaded with highest priority, sometimes even before the powershared ones, because very small files just don't worth the resources wasted for queueing them up for a long time. (The lesser file is, the higher its upload rating must be.)
- [Implemented in v10.2] If some directory were shared with all of its subdirectories, it's useful to check whether any new subdirectories were created there before each time the mod starts.
- It should be possible to limit 'upload+overhead' speed instead of just upload. For example, a modem user with 33kbps upstream setting his upload limit to 2Kb/s is not accurate; setting 'upload+overhead' to 3Kb/s would be more accurate.
- Viewing a list of shared files of a certain servent should not happen in the 'search' window, because the list has more hierarchical nature. There should be a tree-box of directories and subdirectories.
- [new request] Full sources should collect IPs+ports of other sources and participate in source exchange.
- [new request] 'Search Sources' event in Kad window should display filename (like 'Store File' does), because this is one of the most interesting pieces of information there.
All of these features were present in SF-iom, except the preview in 'on queue' and filenames for 'Search Sources' events in Kad window.
SF-iom also makes it possible to change upload and download priorities without switching between 'transfers' and 'shared files', both items appear in the context menu in both windows. And to change the release status, which is a SF-iom equivalent of powershare.
I'd like to see it in 'on queue' also, where it is natural to observe how priorities affect QRs and scores.
/Edit by leuk_he... merged some posts.
/Edit by Mithgol to add [Implemented in v10.2]
message and a [new request]
/Edit by Mithgol to add two new requests.
This post has been edited by Mithgol: 06 October 2007 - 04:23 AM