Official eMule-Board: Cannot Open File; It Does Not Appear To Be A Valid Archive - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Cannot Open File; It Does Not Appear To Be A Valid Archive

#1 User is offline   Martin001 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

This has been happening each time I download. I am running an evaluation version of winzip. I am staring at a 700 000kb program file I downloaded and cannot open it. Same for a 806 000 kb music file.
What am I doing wrong?

#2 User is offline   Dick_Manitoba 

• Nyet Nyet Soviet Soviet Jewellery
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

It isn't likely that it's WinZip's fault. Often files are shared under numerous names. So when you download a file, select "Details" and look at the file names. If there is a diverging number of names and/or file types, and no name is dominant, you can expect situations like this.

Do a global server search for the file in eMule using

ED2K::filehash

This will give you a list of names it is being shared under if the file is well shared.

Visit PunkHistoryCanada.ca and enjoy it's music at PHC Radio. Listen now!
::How To:: Learn about IP filters and fake files :: Info & Lists of Real and Fake servers
Remove Fake Servers & get good ones :: Post pictures on the web, no registration req'd
::Helpful sites:: DVD tools, tutorials, etc :: VLC video without codecs :: Codec info & downloads
GSpot Codec IDer :: Can't delete Locked files? :: Freedb aware players
::Free Virus Scans:: Trend Micro Housecall, Panda ActiveScan, Kaspersky Virusscanner, BitDefender
::My Favorite Applications::
::Archives:: IZarc : 7-Zip : WinRAR : WinACE : Any-OS Zip Tools and Source code - Info-ZIP
::Audio:: EAC : LAME : MP3 Book Helper (Tags etc)

#3 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:03 PM

Me, I like this 'new' function in eMule :

I go to the file's details and choose the tab "content" : It ususally shows very useful details, and especially on problem files it has a nice red warning message when it is invalid conten :D or when the 'chosen' file extension does not match the content.

This function is also a lot faster when You want to have a first look into a .rar archive than to really unrar the incomplete file.
It's Screamin' Jay Hawkins and he's a Wild Man, so bug off!

#4 User is offline   garciawillson 

• Pip

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

It may be possible that your winzip files have been corrupted or damaged during the zip file extraction. Don't worry we assist you superior zip file recovery solution which extract or repair WinZip file in protect manner. Just find out us on Google this name SysTools Zip repair tool and get it all information as regarding of zip file recovery process.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users