Official eMule-Board: Cannot Connect To Kad Network - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Cannot Connect To Kad Network

#1 User is offline   jedistewart 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hi There

I recently upgraded my OS from Windows XP tp Windows VISTA (Business), on my old OS, I had emule installed and it all worked fine. In Vista, my main problem is when i start eMule, it gets connected to the eD2k newtork, but it still says 'connecting' for the Kad newtork at the bottme right of eMule.

I'm not sure if its OS issue, I've done a test port (setup wizard) and all works well, my firewall is zone alarm and I have emule to have full access. My computer is also behind a router (Dlink DIR-655) but I've configured port forwarding on that.

I've left eMule on overnight and during the day, but it stills says connecting at the bottom, as a result i cant search using Kad networks (which is my preference) but i can search via eD2k.

In the Kad bar option in eMule, i dont see any lists under 'Contacts' or 'Current Searches', i'm not sure if this is normal or not. I've also tried re installing eMule, but to no vain. Any help would be greatly apreciated. :thumbup:

Thanks

Stewart

#2 User is offline   Esel4711 

• Platinum eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:55 AM

New nodes.dat:

http://forum.emule-p...howtopic=130574
If justice rules the universe we are all in trouble...

#3 User is offline   Sam Hamwich 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:04 PM

View PostEsel4711, on Nov 1 2007, 05:55 AM, said:

WRONG!!!!

"Microsoft has released Windows Vista and for those reckless enough to use it already with eMule, there are some steps to take in order to make eMule running smoothly on it. This only applies to eMule 0.47c and mods based on 0.47c, later eMule versions will have all of the following issues corrected already and do not need any special attention.

Vista protects the directory where programms are stored against unauthorized write access and redirects any write access to a virtual directory. This applies to eMule because currently its configuration files as well as downloads are stored there, so you might have trouble finding your downloads later. The easiest solution for now is to install eMule into a seperate directory, not located in the default programm folder. So if the installer suggests "C:\Program Files\eMule" change it to "C:\eMule" for example.

After installing, you need to correct one setting which eMule will not set properly on Vista. Run eMule, open the Options page, select "Extended" and then change "Max. half open connections" from 50 to 9. This is quite important.

On some themes you won't see the minimize to tray button. You can still minimize eMule to the tray bei either selecting this option from the system menu (the icon on the left side) or select on "Options" => "Display" the "Minimize to tray" setting, which will move the action to the standard minimize button.

If you followed those hints, you should be able to enjoy eMule on Vista without any problems too :) In case you find any new Vista related bugs, feel free to point them out in our bug forum.

Your eMule Team"
Sam Hamwich

-A Whole Roach Is Better Than A Half of a Roach-

#4 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

View Postjedistewart, on Nov 1 2007, 10:17 AM, said:

I recently upgraded my OS from Windows XP tp Windows VISTA (Business), on my old OS, I had emule installed and it all worked fine. In Vista, my main problem is when i start eMule, it gets connected to the eD2k newtork, but it still says 'connecting' for the Kad newtork at the bottme right of eMule.

To connect to Kad:

Either:
Connect to the ed2k network.
Start up a few downloads and wait until you are connected to sufficiently many sources (~50-100).
Then go to the Kad screen and activate the "From known clients" option.
Press the Bootstrap button.

Or:
Disconnect Kad.
Download 'nodes.dat' from http://www.emule-inside.net/nodes.dat
Replace the old 'nodes.dat' in \eMule\config - folder with the new one.
Go to the Kad screen and click 'Connect' or 'Bootstrap from known clients'.

Unfortunately it seems to be a Kad bug if you're running on Vista: Kad Bug Of Emule0.48a On Vista Os

This post has been edited by Nissenice: 01 November 2007 - 04:18 PM

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users