Official eMule-Board: Categories In Content-db - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Categories In Content-db Realizing Content-DB's Potential

#1 User is offline   niRRity 

• Avid Post Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:23 PM

Hobbling all of the content of the same type together makes it difficult for users to search the database. for example: if a user is searching for a free antivirus software he would have a very hard time to see all the antivirus software hosted on the Content-DB. Breaking the "Software" category to a few sub-categories (for example: internet, multimedia, system tools, p2p, misc.) and then maybe them to another few (for example: internet>> browsers, download managers, instant messengers, misc.) is preferable. I suggest calling the main category a "Channel" to make it perfectly clear that it contains an entirely different content type from other channels. This will address one of the main problems the Content-DB is facing, it tries to offer music, videos, software, and more on the same platform with a unified interface. I think breaking the content into channels and giving each channel a different "feel" by using a different color scheme and different UI elements (for example: Using large thumbnail for video content will give the "Video Channel" a unique "feel") will make the content more accessible to users.

#2 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

As for a channel/more categories there are simple not enough downloads on the content database to warent that. I have made it possible to search in descriptions aswell to make it easier to find things. :)

About the different views depending on the content could be an idea. :)

#3 User is offline   niRRity 

• Avid Post Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:31 AM

The amount of content in the database is closely related to how much users find it helpful an use it. The more users use it the more people will release to it. So making it more user friendly will likely make it grow faster.

About the different views depending on the content - That will be a very good start :flowers: If you need any suggestion I would be glad to throw some ideas your way.

#4 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

I will keep you in mind but atm what I need the most is more time... ;)

I have btw added an outbox to the messagesystem and also integrated comments into the view page. :)

#5 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

View Postbirk, on Sep 13 2007, 04:22 PM, said:

I have btw added an outbox to the messagesystem and also integrated comments into the view page. :)
Good job !!!

The greatest thing, i think, for niRRity asking is to implement a keyword system (i don't know if in english we say tahe , but i think, because in spip they say keyword)

It's not a asking, but just maybe if you're intersted with the system. I think sub-sub-directory is bad for organistaion.
Vous souhaitez être aider pour un problème sur eMule ?
Parce que nous ne sommes pas devin: /!\ A Lire Avant De Poster /!\
Parce que certains ont bossé pour proposer des 'tutoriels' le plus clair possible: TADELU
Parce que VOUS êtes intelligent > High ID: comprendre les tutos pour mieux les appliquer

TRFM >> Des infos sur les Mods

> Le libre à Lille - -

If you are in english section: sorry for my bad english .... I 'll do my best .... ;)

#6 User is offline   nerExceera 

• Pip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

I have two categories in a section A.

Those two categories B and C, i want to merge. Like C into B or B into C and then rename the category.

how is it possible?

I did try to search on the forums but could not find anything.

#7 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

Uhm, are you talking about categories in the contentDB or in the eMule client, nerExceera? And what do you mean by section A?
Mh if you mean the client, you just need to mark all files in a category (ctrl+a), then either just drag and drop them to the category you want them to have or rightclick > assign to category.
For renaming just doubleclick on the cat.
Otherwise, dunno what you're talking about <_<

This post has been edited by Wulp: 08 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users