Official eMule-Board: Low Id clients increasing - Official eMule-Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Low Id clients increasing Might be limited by servers?

#41 User is offline   gigatoaster 

• Shpongle is my life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:07 AM

Maybe there are more and more users and the network and at least 90% of new users got lowid no? :huh:

I think we have the tools to avoir LowID or at least make ppl using eMule aware of it. What about a popup at start up with a link to the forum or to portforward.com? <_<

Port test is not efficient enough too :(

This post has been edited by gigatoaster: 12 December 2007 - 01:08 AM

#42 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

I think the main reason is that more and more users are using some kind of wired or wireless routers to split connection between PC's. Bad thing is that nearly all (if not all) have firewall enabled and require port forwarding.
Good thing is that also most of them support UPnP port forwarding which is a very cool feature. You just fire up the program and it automatically takes care of port forwarding. I'm using router too and i get High ID via UPnP on both, my wired PC and wireless laptop. eMule works like it used to on direct connection.
"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"
Stulle @ Dec 7 2005, 06:16 PM

#43 User is offline   gigatoaster 

• Shpongle is my life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

True but UPnP does not appear to be enough efficient. Is there other possible methods? :huh:

#44 User is offline   domovoy 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:36 PM

I've been using p2p since the edonkey days but am not really a sophisticated network programmer. The Low-ID problem has plagued me since I don't know how long. I have tried to put myself in DMZ on the modem/router I use, have tried with and without port triggering, have tried to duplicate the listed server ports or just kept the 4662 default, with and without UPnP enabled. Nothing seems to work - I always get Low-ID !!! I use amule 2.3.1 on opensuse 13.1 but this has continued over several generations/versions software, pc's and modems. I don't know what if anything I'm doing wrong.

Note: the port tester, http://www.amule.org/testport.php the wiki tells you to use is not available either !

Some of you who have been successful in solving this headache could share your setup, magical incantations or whatever with the those of us lower forms of life instead of just attributing it to the natural vilany of chinese (or your choice of) and clamoring to get all low-ids blocked altogether

#45 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:26 AM

Hi, this discussion is about how many low IDs servers should handle, so this is not related to your problem.
This discussion board is about eMule, not aMule, you can find their forum here, so I recommend you to start a new thread there.

View Postdomovoy, on 03 May 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

have tried with and without port triggering

You have to use port mapping or port forwarding, not port triggering.

have tried to duplicate the listed server ports

Useless.

or just kept the 4662 default

Useless.

the port tester, http://www.amule.org/testport.php the wiki tells you to use is not available either

Let them know about that.

As I said, I recommend you to start a new thread there. Consider to add screenshots of you aMule operating system and router configuration.

#46 User is offline   domovoy 

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostZangune, on 03 May 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

Hi, this discussion is about how many low IDs servers should handle, so this is not related to your problem.
This discussion board is about eMule, not aMule, you can find their forum here, so I recommend you to start a new thread there.

have tried with and without port triggering

You have to use port mapping or port forwarding, not port triggering.

have tried to duplicate the listed server ports

Useless.

or just kept the 4662 default

Useless.

the port tester, http://www.amule.org/testport.php the wiki tells you to use is not available either

Let them know about that.

As I said, I recommend you to start a new thread there. Consider to add screenshots of you aMule operating system and router configuration.

#47 User is offline   domovoy 

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:26 PM

never mind

thx for the tip

#48 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

You are welcome.

#49 User is offline   shimmyboy 

• Pip

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

I just installed program and need to know how to obtain High ID's - downloading is particularly slow even compared with Shareaza where all I have to do is disconnect Low ID and wait till High ID comes up

#50 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

Hello, please read the documentation, read sticky topics, use the search function and, if you won't find a solution, open a new thread in the support forum.
A quick hint: try to enable UPnP in Options - Connections, then read in Servers - Log if it works, if UPnP works and then you doubleclick on a server and then you get a LowID the problem should be a firewall.
Anyway disconneting and connecting again fixes a problem either if the server is overloaded or if you have a fake servers list, otherwise it is useless.

• Member Options

• (3 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users