• +
  • Last »

New Edonkey-server-software Try it out - we need your feedback

#21 User is offline   emuling emuler 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:18 AM

New server? By chance, do you work for MediaDefender?

#22 User is offline   satanedonkeyserver 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:29 AM

never been discussed or asked the developers here anything on the board

Why? Everything we needed to know is in the mule source code. Then we needed to guess some things
about server to server communication because the single source "lugdunum" did not answered emails from us...

and Closed Source and you want to stay anonymus.

First of all: The same is true for lugdunum.
Second: We don't want to get in trouble with RIAA and others ... staying anonymus is a good choice.

This all seams really strange.

No, it's logical (spock)

Also a very bad time to come up with this strange news because more and more servers got shut down

We are not responsible for the shutting down of servers. I think these servers are shut down by their owners because
of legal issues. Another GOOD Point for us to stay anonymus!

Also no beta tests has been done with that software.

We have done some tests - but we do not own a big server. Since we are located in germany it is now too risky to
provide a edonkey-server test system..... now we are searching for test partners outside from germany...

Time has proven that Closed Source, obsfucation and licenses can`t stop crackers from reverse engeneering and finding remote exploitable bugs.

But it costs them time (and money).

And another good point:

How many wasted and corruped _mule-clients exists out in this world ? And this is only possible because this script-kiddies does have acces to the sources of _mule-systems.

What do you think if the edonkey-server-souce-code is - ready to be used - by everyone out in this world ? We would have MANY MANY fake-servers, spy-servers, .... out in the world. Users won't trust in the eDonkey-Network any more because many servers will fool them.

There are three kinds of people in this world:

people who watch things happen ...
people who complain about things that happen ...
and people who make things happen...

#23 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:44 AM

Anonimy is not a good reason to distrust. Almost all people in eMule dev are more or less anonymous. Except for merkur (retired) official devs do not post their real identity, and not even their country (I can guess however). Almost all modders here do not spread their real identity.

Note that this is only relative anonymity. If you anything really illegal then your ip address can be tracked and if legal forces they can obtain your real identity from this.

Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#24 User is offline   satanedonkeyserver 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:56 AM

View Postleuk_he, on Sep 21 2007, 07:44 AM, said:

Note that this is only relative anonymity. If you anything really illegal then your ip address can be tracked and if legal forces they can obtain your real identity from this.

In germany the situation is like this:

- crimes (according to forbitten acts) are tracked by the police
All telecom-providers must give the adress<->ip to the police

- illegal activities which are not a crime are tracked by the lawyers and not by police.
They (the lawyers) have 0% chance to get the real adress<->ip from the telecom-providers because of "data-protection" as stated in german laws.

Since offering of software is (in germany) not a crime, police must not get our real adress. And if (maybe) our software
is an 'illigal' act and not a crime - the lawyers cannot detect our identity.

#25 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:07 AM

For anon on Board, you can use Tor or i2p.

(i'm not using it for emule-project and other board)
Vous souhaitez être aider pour un problème sur eMule ?
Parce que nous ne sommes pas devin: /!\ A Lire Avant De Poster /!\
Parce que certains ont bossé pour proposer des 'tutoriels' le plus clair possible: TADELU
Parce que VOUS êtes intelligent > High ID: comprendre les tutos pour mieux les appliquer

TRFM >> Des infos sur les Mods

> Le libre à Lille - -

If you are in english section: sorry for my bad english .... I 'll do my best .... ;)

#26 User is offline   Sam Hamwich 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

Ye gads People! Stop being so damn paranoid! As someone stated, it's good to have more than one Donkey server software. I've been using EDonkey 17.13 with limited success, and have just booted Satan up for testing. So far, I've been able to add my server to Emule's client serverlist and connect locally, no sweat. I would like to see more documentation and a list of variables for the configuration file, as well as some DOS commands plus active monitoring. As it, I don't know if I'm receiving any connections save for the server list info. I do see data activity on the program, but don't know what's being transferred.
Sam Hamwich

-A Whole Roach Is Better Than A Half of a Roach-

#27 User is offline   upload2010 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

View PostSam Hamwich, on Sep 21 2007, 12:42 PM, said:

...Stop being so damn paranoid!...
...I do see data activity on the program, but don't know what's being transferred...

That's why i see no reason nor need to use an unknown ed2k-serversoftware.

#28 User is offline   Sam Hamwich 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

View PostGlobalHKM, on Sep 21 2007, 07:58 AM, said:

Hmmm Lugdunum eServer 17.15 has been out for very long time and you try to test 17.13 on what platform? I don't think you know what you are doing. But most people are paranoid for a very good reason specially at this time where there are less stable ED2K servers out and fewer servers to begin with. Last thing we need is beta test it on massive scale. Now far as the project: Satan eDonkey Server, they need to prove few things when it is compared with Lugdunum's eServers.

PS: I am not sure about SeDS intentions coming out now but I will be glad to look at there server source if they are open.

I don't think you know what I'm doing either. I run 17.13 on Windows XP, NOT Linux. As for Satan Server, it's been up for several hours now and my computer has not blown up, nor have I gotten any visits from the MPAA or any other anti-piracy gurus. Thus far, however, I have not recieved any users or files, which is why I would like better docs. Since you're reluctant to stick your necks out, I'll be your guinea pig and test this thing, and hope the dev authors can answer my questions.

This post has been edited by Sam Hamwich: 21 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

Sam Hamwich

#29 User is offline   Sam Hamwich 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:21 PM

View Postupload2010, on Sep 21 2007, 08:09 AM, said:

View PostSam Hamwich, on Sep 21 2007, 12:42 PM, said:

...Stop being so damn paranoid!...
...I do see data activity on the program, but don't know what's being transferred...

That's why i see no reason nor need to use an unknown ed2k-serversoftware.

I'm running it as a test, so I can determine if it works as advertised. I have not dropped EServer as my primary.
Sam Hamwich

#30 User is offline   satanedonkeyserver 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:42 PM

Thus far, however, I have not recieved any users or files

Does some other clients know about your 'new' server ?
Did you tried to connect it with on of your _mule-clients ?
May we have your ip:port for a test connection (if this server is visible to us)

I'll be your guinea pig and test this thing, and hope the dev authors can answer my questions.

No problem. Ask here or via PM (info@satan-edonkey-server.org)

cu & thanxs for testing....

#31 User is offline   MadlyMad 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

View PostGlobalHKM, on Sep 21 2007, 11:21 AM, said:

By making it opensource you risk nothing UNLESS you have some other plans.

didn't you read the opened sources server part ??? B)

to me, stay anonymous and to keep that closed sources is just logical, and it Should stay closed source !!

however, if you really are good guys (which I think it could be possible :D ), while I understand your motivations (for fun), I personaly feel no need of a new donkey server software

yeah, competition is still good to have a better thing, like eMule did with ed2k 2000... but this was needed ! because edonkey2000 was obsolete and Jed heard nothing about users wishes
Here, for servers, I really can't see how the software could be better than it already is... :unsure:

:flowers:

This post has been edited by MadlyMad: 21 September 2007 - 12:48 PM

The extreme limit of wisdom, that is what the public calls madness.

#32 User is offline   satanedonkeyserver 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

View PostSam Hamwich, on Sep 21 2007, 11:42 AM, said:

As it, I don't know if I'm receiving any connections save for the server list info. I do see data activity on the program, but don't know what's being transferred.

Our server starts after 2 minutes to connect (via UDP) for other edonkey-servers sending out OP_SERVER_LIST_REQ (0xA0)
to receive servers from a server.met. All received new servers will then be connected for a alive test and if successfull connect is done it will be appended to our own server.met and will offer any clients asking our server for new servers (after all new servers are processed). We do not yet filter some servers out ..... it enough if the new servers are connectable....

Question to the community:

How to detect blacklistet servers ? Should we read a local file periodically, hard code the allready known servers or ask any ?? ressource in the web for it ..... any ideas ?

#33 User is offline   satanedonkeyserver 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:57 PM

View PostMadlyMad, on Sep 21 2007, 12:46 PM, said:

Here, for servers, I really can't see how the software could be better than it already is... :unsure:

Well, we just started :beta:

#34 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

View PostGlobalHKM, on Sep 21 2007, 01:10 PM, said:

Now if you think closed source for liability and annomosity is logical then you might be lacking logic itself.
MadlyMad speak of a topic where lugdunumaster explain why he want lugdunum stay closed source, i think there are 3 page or more of discussion, then we don't need another discussion.

I don't know if we need another ed2k server soft, but i think it can't be bad and maybe it's more easy on windows.

I gotten any visits from the MPAA or any other anti-piracy gurus.
Maybe all ip and files and asking of file in this ed2k server software goes to a MPAA IP. Then it's not you who receive MPAA or other but the user who connected to you ... (i think this sentence is a little bit confused).

Then , i think it's good to send source to another good dev who can and want to see what the server do.

(for lugdummaster > try the PM)
Vous souhaitez être aider pour un problème sur eMule ?
Parce que nous ne sommes pas devin: /!\ A Lire Avant De Poster /!\
Parce que certains ont bossé pour proposer des 'tutoriels' le plus clair possible: TADELU
Parce que VOUS êtes intelligent > High ID: comprendre les tutos pour mieux les appliquer

TRFM >> Des infos sur les Mods

> Le libre à Lille - -

If you are in english section: sorry for my bad english .... I 'll do my best .... ;)

#35 User is offline   Peerates 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

View Postsatanedonkeyserver, on Sep 21 2007, 12:54 PM, said:

How to detect blacklistet servers ? Should we read a local file periodically, hard code the allready known servers or ask any ?? ressource in the web for it ..... any ideas ?

hi,

you can get this file ;
http://www.peerates....es/faksrvip.txt
if you give me your ip/port, i can test your server software as i do for the lug's version.

++
Get the peerates servers list edk.peerates.net/servers/online-servers-list
eDonkey network's stats & historicals edk.peerates.net/servers/network-historicals
eDonkey network's users distribution edk.peerates.net/users/distribution

#36 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:39 PM

View Postsatanedonkeyserver, on Sep 21 2007, 02:54 PM, said:

There are 3 methods i can think of.

-Good server lists Like the one in my signature from web link. (server.met)
-Currently none of the bad server support obfuscation.. (morph feature: obfuscated only abuses this) You can try a cryptping to get the encryption key?
-ipfilter bad server. Allowing a ipfilter natively in the application (as opposed to in a external firewall) is not a bad idea, because it is a last line of defense that server operators have against bad clients.

hardcode servers is not a good idea. Server.met (like eMule) or seedIP configuration (like lundugum server) sounds better as a seed.
Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#37 User is offline   Sam Hamwich 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:51 PM

View Postsatanedonkeyserver, on Sep 21 2007, 08:54 AM, said:

View PostSam Hamwich, on Sep 21 2007, 11:42 AM, said:

As it, I don't know if I'm receiving any connections save for the server list info. I do see data activity on the program, but don't know what's being transferred.

Our server starts after 2 minutes to connect (via UDP) for other edonkey-servers sending out OP_SERVER_LIST_REQ (0xA0)
to receive servers from a server.met. All received new servers will then be connected for a alive test and if successfull connect is done it will be appended to our own server.met and will offer any clients asking our server for new servers (after all new servers are processed). We do not yet filter some servers out ..... it enough if the new servers are connectable....

That's what I assumed, since your configuration file contains very few User options, and none to connect to other servers. I will PM my server's IP and Port so that you may try a direct test connection.
Sam Hamwich

#38 User is offline   MadlyMad 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

View PostGlobalHKM, on Sep 21 2007, 03:10 PM, said:

MadlyMad, on Sep 21 2007, 08:46 AM, said:

didn't you read the opened sources server part ??? B)

to me, stay anonymous and to keep that closed sources is just logical, and it Should stay closed source !!

You just read my post did you comprehend what was said? So far all I saw was "We will do that" and not the open repository itself. Now if you think closed source for liability and annomosity is logical then you might be lacking logic itself. It is clear you are not a programmer or have done any opensource projects on big scale. Now far as being anonymous goes making it open source and releasing project under GNU/GPL will not affect it. Alone the legality and rights and liability issues. I suggest you reread all my posts few more times. Now that would be logical.

:rolleyes:

still the same... Posted Image

The extreme limit of wisdom, that is what the public calls madness.

#39 User is offline   Sam Hamwich 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:40 PM

Thanks to your reply to my Email. Information included in it. I saw your connection to my server and found the files you added. They are downloading as we speak. Now, I need to know how to add more servers to the contact list and possible get into the server.met distribution. Thanks!
Sam Hamwich

#40 User is offline   satanedonkeyserver 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

View PostSam Hamwich, on Sep 21 2007, 03:40 PM, said:

Thanks to your reply to my Email. Information included in it. I saw your connection to my server and found the files you added. They are downloading as we speak. Now, I need to know how to add more servers to the contact list and possible get into the server.met distribution. Thanks!

There should be a configuration file, called "satan.conf". In this config file you may specify a server.met with allready known edonkey-servers.
This file will be rewritten after new servers are added, in case it it's writeable....

• Member Options

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users