Posting Skins For The Website
Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:58 PM
I was very annoyed with the way the web interface works on mobile devices as it is not very “touchy.” For example, using the default interface template, one is not able to change the category of a file as one needs to hoover over the category on the right; however, my smartphone does not support hoovering, so I can only let my finger rest on the categroy for a while (0.8 seconds) for the popup menu to display. Sadly, the mobile browser itself also displays a menu (after 1s), so I can not change the category as the browser's own menu is displayed... - Similar issues are there for renaming and “aiming” at the correct buttons (for me especially the log and the logout).
Therefore, I have created my own webinterface template for mobile devices. The functions most important for me are modified to be “touchy”:
- Category selection is done via dropdown rather than hoover menu
- Change of category of a file is done via dropdown rather than hoover menu
- Menu items on the top right are rearranged in order to better separate “log” and “logout”
- “rename” has its own little icon within a file’s line (so one does not have to use the hoover menu)
- Added a pseudo username (defaults to “Username”) on the login page in order to allow mobile browsers to store the login password
For the last modification: The admin menu is hard coded into eMule, so I can not modify it unless I build my own eMule. However, the “readme.txt” with the how-to which is supposed to be included with the sources does not exist...
I would be very pleased to hear your thoughts on the template as well as suggestions for further modifications and feature requests.
As I do not find a way to attach the template file to this forum post, I am linking it here: http://hara.tc/eMule_Touch.tmpl
This post has been edited by the-tester: 10 January 2013 - 08:52 PM