Official eMule-Board: Is There Have Anyway To Retrieve The Canceled Files? - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Is There Have Anyway To Retrieve The Canceled Files?

#1 User is offline   rinrin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

1st sorry for my bad english.

I was downloading two files two weeks ago.But i dont want download them later so i click "canceled" .

Today i need the two files again.But i can not remember the files name...Is there have someway to

let me know the two files name ?

#2 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

try to look in the emule folder >config folder... you will see a file download.txt . there are all you files in dowloading :flowers:

#3 User is offline   rinrin 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

View PostSS1900, on 15 December 2009 - 12:11 PM, said:

try to look in the emule folder >config folder... you will see a file download.txt . there are all you files in dowloading :flowers:

The "download.txt" show all files you now downloading. Not included downloaded history .

#4 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

If you didn't disable the "remember downloaded files" option, then a "canceled.met" should be in your eMule config dir. This file could be parse to retrieve the needed information, though it's in binary format and not easy to read.

#5 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

hi

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 15 December 2009 - 03:43 PM, said:

If you didn't disable the "remember downloaded files" option, then a "canceled.met" should be in your eMule config dir. This file could be parse to retrieve the needed information, though it's in binary format and not easy to read.

It's (intended to be) unusable: it only contains encrypted file hashes...

anyway, you can search again for the same keywords (they're maybe even still in your search history), if the same files are found, they should be highlighted in dark green amongst search results.

This post has been edited by jestheonlyone: 16 December 2009 - 03:13 AM

my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

--------------------------------------------------------

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

#6 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:52 AM

It isn't and the content isn't encrypted. If you had a simple tool, you could read out and display the information, though obviously there was no need for something like that, yet.

#7 User is offline   rinrin 

• Pip

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

I found the canceled.met, but what tools shoule i use to open it?

to jestheonlyone:

There have a problem.Some files will not on the list this time search but it show on last time.I see this circs manytimes. And if i canceled many files of that keywords. i still dont know which one is my need.

And there have a status. If the file finished download and you canceled .the search list will show its "downloaded"
.not "canceled". If i download many files of that keywords . I cant know which one is my canceled.

#8 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:51 AM

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 16 December 2009 - 06:52 AM, said:

It isn't and the content isn't encrypted. If you had a simple tool, you could read out and display the information, though obviously there was no need for something like that, yet.

You're right in that it's not really "encrypted"...

changelog said:

-----------------------
- Nov, 22. 2006 -
-----------------------
.: Reduced long time memory usage for GUI.
.: eMule stores now hashs of filehashs in the cancelled.met for privacy reasons

... but the result is the same ;)
my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

#9 User is offline   rinrin 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

What tool can make "canceled.met" readable?Then

#10 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:06 AM

none.

#11 User is offline   rinrin 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

Ok,thats means no way to know those files . right?

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users