Well I'll Try To Explain With Words But Also With Images What I'll Like To See Implemented.
Fisrt A Little Background:
I Use Every Day The Emule Web Interface So Please Don't Reply With "use the web interface"
Web Interface Is Good But I've Noticed Some Disavantages That Are:
- Slowness Refresh Updates (some times a page is not fully loaded that a refresh is issued)
- More Traffic Generated (a typical transfer page is more than 400.000kbytes long in size)
- Not All Options Can Be Configured
- Low Security Since Page Are Cached By The Browser
Well I've Thinked A Bit And Asked Myself Why Don't Transfer Only What's Changed?
Why I Need To Download A 400+Kappabyte Files Every Time I Update The Transfer Page?
Why Don't Pass Only The Data To My Emule Client That Can Elaborate Them In A Faster Way?
For Example If I'm Transferring A File X The XML File Will Be Containing The Size, %Complete, Remaining Size, Sources End So On Like For Example This:
<comment_1>This is a test file</comment_1>
<comment_2>don't download it</comment_2>
Right Now This Is The Usual Emule Interface That You All Know...
This Is Emule With The New "Remote" Function Available
This Is The Panel You Get When You Click The "Remote" Button.
As You Can See On The Left You Can Mange Your Other Emule Running On Remote Pc (office, home, friends and so on)
On The Right Side, You Get Some Informations On The Selected ERS
When You Click On Connect Button You'll Swap Interface As You Can See, Emule Title Will Be Changed Based On The Emule Server You Are Controlling, Also Category Tabs Will Be Updated With The Data You'll Recieve From The Server You Have Just Connected.
Since All This Things Is Basically Based On Web Interface Already Done Work, I Don't Think Is Too Difficult To Implement A Sort Of Protocol (XML File) That Work Like, For Example, Ajax...
Pros Of The New Lightweight System
- Less Traffic Overhead Beetween You And The Server
- Less Memory Used On Your System Since You Don't Need To Use Also A Browser (explorer/firefox)
- Real Time Updates Since Only The Changes Will Be Transferred
- Complete Emule Remote Control From Your PC
- More Security Since You Can Use An Emule Client On USB Stick And Not A Browser
- Data Are Encrypted With Your Password
- Direct Connection Or Also Reverse Connection (for server behind nat/firewall)
- Waiting From Your Comments... (i'll update this post later, hope they are not too much ...)
This post has been edited by enone: 22 April 2007 - 05:41 PM