Official eMule-Board: Emule File Stats, Emule Verbose Log Analyser - Official eMule-Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Emule File Stats, Emule Verbose Log Analyser Tools for eMule

#1 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:08 PM

hi

15 feb 2009: New version: EFS 1.4
21 may 2007: New version: EVLA 1.3

The latest EFS version supports the new features introduced in emule 0.49c: Share/exclude single files and resolve shell links.

EMule File Stats (EFS)

This program can record logs from the stats of any shared file (requests, accepted requests and total transferred), then create nice graphs from these logs.
For example, here's my graphs for eMule 0.47c, from 09/18/06 to 10/30/06 (I've unshared it, because I was no longer uploading it: too many fast sources):

Posted Image

it's also possible to create graphics from any cumulative eMule statistic, or any eMule setting.
In this example, the file's requests are compared to the UpSuccessfulSessions stat, and the file's transfer rate is compared to the TotalUploadedBytes stat (I've unshared this file because it started to use half of my UL bandwidth, and there were enough complete sources anyway):

Posted Image

Additionally, EFS includes some extra features to edit the known.met file (and cancelled.met):
you can rename or remove known files, or set them as cancelled files.

Download EFS v1.4
(executable + delphi7 source code; GNU general public license)

Download and share with eMule
Download from the home page

View the Changelog

----------------------------

EMule Verbose Log Analyser (EVLA)

This is a very specialized program to analyse the verbose log on a per client basis and calculate some statistics about the UL and DL sessions.

Download EVLA v1.3
(executable + delphi7 source code; GNU general public license)

Download and share with eMule
Download from the home page

View the Changelog

The results are rather surprising... I found that around 50% of the clients can never successfully complete a single UL session, and around 20% of them (usually only highID clients) can even never receive a single byte!

This post has been edited by jestheonlyone: 15 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

--------------------------------------------------------

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

#2 User is offline   Sonic999 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:05 AM

Interesting... testing :+1: . Looking good so far. I'm using the official 0.47c. Ty.

@Sonic999

#3 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:11 AM

LOL! I tried to send a message over eMule to Sonic999, but forgot about the spam ban :P
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#4 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:03 PM

I've just found a small bug:

If you have several eMule executables in the same folder and "emule.exe" is not running but "emule_anyMod.exe" is running, the edit known.met menus will not be disabled.
Be careful with this. Never try to edit known.met while eMule is running.

[edit: Fixed in version 1.1]

View PostPacoBell, on Dec 3 2006, 04:11 AM, said:

LOL! I tried to send a message over eMule to Sonic999, but forgot about the spam ban :P

It seems that you tried to download it 10 minutes after I turned off my computer to go to bed (I had to open a friend slot to sonic999 before I close my mule).
Sorry for inconvenience.
Online again, now. :)

This post has been edited by jestheonlyone: 18 December 2006 - 02:33 AM

my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

#5 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

don't know what's wrong with your mule, paco :confused:

Posted Image

On your first attempts, my UL limit was above my bandwidth, with USS enabled, which may lead to some UL slots instability.
but here, I had reduced my UL limit, so most clients had a stable (and good) speed, except 3 ones...

edit:
obfuscated connection...
are you throttled?

This post has been edited by jestheonlyone: 03 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

#6 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:49 PM

View Postjestheonlyone, on Dec 3 2006, 06:30 AM, said:

are you throttled?
I'm...err...self-throttled. Heh. Well, at least I got it now. Will check it out when I regain consciousness sometime this afternoon. :sleep:
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#7 User is offline   trainboy72 

• Pip

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

wowee that looks pretty cool but wouldn't it be a cpu resource hog? I'm afraid that I'm using all the resources I got and if I implement that then I'll be down even more than usual :(

#8 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:52 PM

Erm? Then don't use it! It's not exactly essential.

Looks cool BTW Jes. Will check soon.

#9 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

View Posttrainboy72, on Dec 4 2006, 08:00 PM, said:

wowee that looks pretty cool but wouldn't it be a cpu resource hog? I'm afraid that I'm using all the resources I got and if I implement that then I'll be down even more than usual :(

recorder's average usage for 271 logs, on a mobile AMD athlon XP-M 2500+ @1.87GHz, with 480MB memory:
Posted Image

Every 11 minutes, it will use a bit more memory, processor, and some disk access, depending on how much files/stats you are logging, but only for a very short duration (never measured... but that's a good question :) )

#10 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:18 AM

View Postjestheonlyone, on Dec 5 2006, 02:15 AM, said:

Every 11 minutes, it will use a bit more memory, processor, and some disk access, depending on how much files/stats you are logging, but only for a very short duration (never measured... but that's a good question :) )

[edit: up to] ~1.1 sec :cry2:

I guess I'll have to try to optimize this.
Any suggestion on this matter will be welcome... (I'm just an amateur programmer :) )
[edit: logRecorderUnit.pas -> tMainForm.timerTimer]
[edit2: most obvious optimisation = don't update logs that don't need to be updated (no new request/transfer)]

180msec to load known.met (848kB);
920ms for the remaining operations: read data from statistics.ini/preferences.ini/onlinesig.dat and append values to the 271 log files

This post has been edited by jestheonlyone: 05 December 2006 - 03:23 AM

#11 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:41 AM

Another interresting example of EFS graphs
(French topic, sorry; It's about the influence of the USS settings and the UL limit on the UL sessions.
At least, the graph titles are in English :P )

#12 User is offline   Anoxie 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:50 AM

I've been trying to get this file for hours but there is only one source and I can't connect :

Posted Image

[FIX CONNECTION COLLISION] Already initiated socket, OP_HELLO already sent and waiting an OP_HELLOANSWER from client: 81.39.***.**

Posted Image

:(

This post has been edited by Anoxie: 10 December 2006 - 10:48 AM

#13 User is offline   Stoepsel 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:01 AM

Funny, I had no trouble getting it inside 1 minute.

BTW, the file size shouldn't be 3.77 MB. The EFS.zip I have is 899.88 KB. I think you have queued up for the wrong file. Check that you are using the correct hash code that jestheonlyone posted.
It said: "Insert disk #3 into drive...", but only 2 will fit...?!?

#14 User is offline   Anoxie 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:30 AM

View PostStoepsel, on Dec 10 2006, 10:01 AM, said:

Funny, I had no trouble getting it inside 1 minute.

BTW, the file size shouldn't be 3.77 MB. The EFS.zip I have is 899.88 KB. I think you have queued up for the wrong file. Check that you are using the correct hash code that jestheonlyone posted.

Thanx, I've changed the file, here are my new details :

Posted Image

I've got only one source... but it's the same. I'm afraid i'll face the same problem once i've reached the top of the queue.
Would anyone release it ? (or Powershare it :D)

This post has been edited by Anoxie: 10 December 2006 - 02:50 PM

#15 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

hi anoxie

I believe you have some fake server troubles.

It's the good hash, but incorrect file size.
The exact file size is 921,482 bytes...

Stoepsel said:

I had no trouble getting it inside 1 minute

I understand why I am no longer uploading it, although it's sometimes requested :D

#16 User is offline   Anoxie 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:58 PM

View Postjestheonlyone, on Dec 10 2006, 06:28 PM, said:

I believe you have some fake server troubles.

Maybe.

I used another session and it worked perfectly.

Good job, Graphs are great :+1:

But I can't find a log for "Average Uploaded per Session" which is the last parameter depending on uss i'd like to study.

#17 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

View PostAnoxie, on Dec 11 2006, 03:58 PM, said:

I can't find a log for "Average Uploaded per Session"

Because there's no such value in statistics.ini
The value displayed in the eMule stats is simply TotalUploadedBytes / UpSuccessfulSessions

I will probably add, in (one of) the next version(s), a function to create graphs from combined logs :)

#18 User is offline   hypnotoad 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

@ jestheonlyone

In the first screenshot you posted at the top of the thread I could not help but notice that what I assume to be Inactive is spelt Inative.
I know it doesn't really matter but.... :)

#19 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

Let me know when you add it to the content DB. I will make it a featured release for a while. :)

#20 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:39 AM

View Postbirk, on Dec 12 2006, 03:57 PM, said:

Let me know when you add it to the content DB. I will make it a featured release for a while. :)

I've just submitted the new version
and "Emule Verbose Log Analyser" (see edited 1st post) as well

@Anoxie:
It's now possible to have a graph for the "average uploaded per session" stat

@hypnotoad:
thanks to your good eyes

This post has been edited by jestheonlyone: 18 December 2006 - 02:44 AM

• Member Options

• (3 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users