Official eMule-Board: Upload Connections Keep Getting Disconnected - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Upload Connections Keep Getting Disconnected network is otherwise okay

#1 User is offline   Traecheosis 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:44 AM

Please help! I hadn't run eMule in several days, and when I run it now, I can't seem to upload. Every time an upload session starts, I get this in my Verbose log a few seconds later:

Removing client from upload list: CUpDownClient::Disconnected: CClientReqSocket::Disconnect(): Error 10053: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. Client: ...

I've never had this problem before. I now have two upload sessions running successfully, but hundreds keep getting rejected. I have a high ID. My Internet works otherwise, and I tried rebooting. I'm in queues to download.

fport shows eMule listening on its port, and netstat shows several connections to that port. I have ProtoWall running, but it's not blocking anything. I have Semantec Antivirus running, but I've never known it to interfere with eMule.

The only things I can think of that I did that might have affected eMule are my changing to a mod tonight, then reverting emule.exe back when the problem started, to no avail. I've also installed the latest Windows 2000 updates since the last time I ran eMule, plus I've installed that bloated RealPlayer 10.5 Harmony.

Does anybody know why eMule keeps disconnecting upload sessions??

#2 User is offline   Stoepsel 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:15 AM

Who is your ISP?
Try activating the options "enable protocol obfuscation" in Options > Security. Then reconnect to a reliable server such as the DonkeyServer 1 ir 2.
It said: "Insert disk #3 into drive...", but only 2 will fit...?!?

#3 User is offline   fgvub 

• Pip

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:57 PM

Having the same problem. I'm getting 70-75% failed uploads the last few days. I've had obfuscation enabled since one of the Donkey Servers wouldn't let me run a search. I'm not a new user. Been with the mule for a couple of years now. No new programs or hardware installed recently. And I'm not downloading anything, just uploading. Using official client 47c. And have a high ID.

This is what I've done so far:

I un-installed the mule, my firewall (sygate v5.6) and antivirus (AVG Pro v7.5). Deleted all stray folders and files, and reg keys. Rebooted my modem (Crapcast). Ran 2 spyware scans (AdAware and Ewido), nothing. Reinstalled AV and ran scan, nothing. Reinstalled firewall. And finally reinstalled the mule, clean. First tried without obfuscation. Same problem. A lot of disconnects. Then with obfuscation. Same problem. Tried with the firewall on and then with it off. Still no go.

Not sure what to try next.

#4 User is offline   Stoepsel 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

fgvub, start your own thread. It will just get confusing trying to help 2 people in the same thread.
It said: "Insert disk #3 into drive...", but only 2 will fit...?!?

#5 User is offline   Traecheosis 

• PipPip

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:46 AM

My ISP is Comcast residential cable, thanks. Enabling protocol obfuscation doesn't seem to change eMule's performance when I set it while already connected to a server, but if I try to connect to DonkeyServer No2 with obfuscation enabled, I get a low ID.

The port test at emule-project.net fails, saying my machine rejected the conection. An online port scanner ("ShieldsUP!!" at www.grc.com) says port 4662 is open, and DonkeyServer No1 just gave me a high ID.

I can run bittorrents just fine using my bittorrent application. Other hosts connect to me.

I ran Ethereal, a packet sniffing application, with obfuscation not enabled. A typical aborted eMule upload session goes like this:

three TCP packets to establish connection
remote host to me: ed2k Hello packet
a Hello answer from me
five packets back and forth with eMule extensions protocol 0xC5, which Ethereal doesn't recognize
remote host: slot request
me: queue ranking = 1
TCP acknowledgement from remote host
me: slot granted
remote host: ed2k "request parts" packet
TCP RST packet from remote host
identical packet from remote host, except different sequence number: the previous segment was lost

And that's it for communications between us. I have the libpcap file, if anyone's interested.

#6 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:51 AM

View PostTraecheosis, on Nov 29 2006, 09:46 PM, said:

Yup, sure looks like ISP interference to me...
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#7 User is offline   patcat88 

• PipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:38 PM

View PostPacoBell, on Nov 30 2006, 12:51 AM, said:

View PostTraecheosis, on Nov 29 2006, 09:46 PM, said:

Yup, sure looks like ISP interference to me...

I agree, I saw it (until PO) on the ISP Optimum Online.

#8 User is offline   Traecheosis 

• PipPip

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:14 PM

Well, that's very disappointing, but that's what I needed to hear.

I've had obfuscation enabled for a while now, and about 10% of all upload sessions are successful, which is better than nothing. (About 55% of all download sessions succeed.)

eMule now says that every single client in my upload queue has a low ID. Strange.

#9 User is offline   Senzamedda 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

View PostTraecheosis, on Dec 9 2006, 06:14 PM, said:

Well, that's very disappointing, but that's what I needed to hear.

I've had obfuscation enabled for a while now, and about 10% of all upload sessions are successful, which is better than nothing. (About 55% of all download sessions succeed.)

eMule now says that every single client in my upload queue has a low ID. Strange.

Hello,
I am having the same exact problem.
I am in Ireland, so with a different ISP.
In fact I contacted my ISP and they say that as for contract there's no limit on Upload or download capacity.
It looks to me it doesn't depend from ISP as many people in different countries is having the same problem.
I found some other topics on this in this forum but nobody still has a solution.
Please some genious help!!!

Ciao
:unsure:

#10 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

In fact I contacted my ISP and they say that as for contract there's no limit on Upload or download capacity.
That may be true, but that doesn't say whether they are throttling Emule traffic. They might do this for fair usage - either simultaneous connections and/or constant high bandwidth affecting the service for other customers. This is different to data transfer limits. ISP's will often accurately answer questions, so you might have to ask them specifically if they are throttling P2P traffic.

It looks to me it doesn't depend from ISP as many people in different countries is having the same problem.

This is also quite possible. There are many settings and this highlights why noone actually ever has the 'exact same problem' ;) So please start a new thread providing details as directed in the sticky. Ta!

#11 User is offline   Senzamedda 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

View Postniclights, on Jan 3 2007, 01:34 PM, said:

That may be true, but that doesn't say whether they are throttling Emule traffic. They might do this for fair usage - either simultaneous connections and/or constant high bandwidth affecting the service for other customers. This is different to data transfer limits. ISP's will often accurately answer questions, so you might have to ask them specifically if they are throttling P2P traffic.

This is also quite possible. There are many settings and this highlights why noone actually ever has the 'exact same problem' ;) So please start a new thread providing details as directed in the sticky. Ta!

Thanks for help, using forums is always something hard to do for new users :angelnot:

As soon i'll get back home I'll get all the details needed and I'll open a new thread

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users