Can't Connect. All Servers "appear To Be Dead" Please help
Posted 28 October 2006 - 04:29 PM
I update my server list with http://corpo.free.fr/server.met.
I've tried selecting several servers from the server list. All get the same message:
10/28/2006 6:20:32 PM: Byte Devils (184.108.40.206:3306) appears to be dead.
10/28/2006 6:22:18 PM: DonkeyServer No2 (220.127.116.11:4242) appears to be dead.
10/28/2006 6:22:43 PM: DonkeyServer No1 (18.104.22.168:8899) appears to be dead.
10/28/2006 6:24:23 PM: The Cherry Popper (22.214.171.124:8118) appears to be dead.
10/28/2006 6:25:42 PM: MacroPirate (126.96.36.199:6789) appears to be dead.
and so on...
Does anyone have any ideas?
- Operating System >>> Windows xp SP2
- Internet connection type (Bandwidth, Eg: 1024/320 DSL) >>> ADSL, 750 Kbps
- Modem, Router, Proxy (manufacturer and model) >>> USB ADSL MODEM ALE 130
- Firewalls >>> Norton Internet Security
- Antivirus >>> Norton Antivirus
- Spyware detector >>> Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot Search&Destroy
- Emule Version >>> v0.47c
Emule Settings (Options tab)
- Dl/Ul capacity >>> 91/16
- Dl/Ul limits >>> unchecked/10
- Hard limit >>> 400
- Max Connection >>> 500
- Activated networks (ED2k, Kad, Both) >>> Both
- Max. new connection/5 secs (Options -> Extended) >>> 20
- Max half open connection (Options -> Extended) >>> 9
- Ports TCP/UDP >>> 8080/4672
Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:16 PM
To get a clean server list without fake servers, do the following:
In Options > Server, disable the options "Update server list when connecting to a server" and "Update server list when client connects".
Go to the Servers screen.
Delete all servers from your server list.
Add this URL to the "Update server.met from URL" field in the Servers screen and click the Update button: http://www.gruk.org/server.met.gz