Official eMule-Board: Please Use Emule 0.47c And Enable Protocol Obfuscation To Get Results - Official eMule-Board

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Please Use Emule 0.47c And Enable Protocol Obfuscation To Get Results

#21 User is offline   xnorf 

• eMule King
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:49 AM

If all servers enforce PO, I'm sure your client will get an update soon. If not, use KAD (if it is implemeted). Last straw: Use amule http://www.amule.org/

#22 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

View Postreyfer, on Nov 9 2006, 10:17 AM, said:

The problem is that these servers (DonkeyServer 1 and 2) are forcing people to use a specific client, and that should not be allowed. What about people that use Linux instead of Windows, and can't install eMule? I use MLDonkey core at home, with the Sancho GUI, and now I can't use those servers because they ask me for a specific client. What is going to happen to all Linux users when all servers force you to use only eMule? If the server SUGGESTS me to turn on PO, and my client has it, it's fine. But what these servers are doing, as I said, is forcing you to use a specific client, and that's bullshit. :furious:

This is the exact reason kad was implemented , to prevent the servers from getting too much control over the network.

However i cannot reproduce that error/message not even with a 0.47a based cleint. So either it is from a server that is not on my list (global search searches all server on your serverlist) or it only gives that message to specific ip ranges. (countries or suspected filtered isp?).

I cannot tell because i do not run a server, nor is this behaviour well documented.
Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#23 User is offline   joseantgv 

• Pip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

i use eMule 0.47c and i can't search anything neither!

#24 User is offline   Guttata 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

Then maybe we need more info on the matter. Just "It isn't working for me/doesn't work" is useless for finding out why.

#25 User is offline   reyfer 

• Pip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

View PostEsel4711, on Nov 9 2006, 06:27 AM, said:

The servers are offering their service for free. Follow their rules or don't use them...

You are right, but when I perform a global search, I get results from a cross section of the servers, and these servers flood my search result with the "please use eMule 0.47c" message. Would it be too much of a pain for them just not acknowledge my search, instead of flooding my search results?

#26 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

Just had that same message also. It shows to come from donkey server 1 (the ip of donkey server 1 is added to that message). So i removed that server (copy ed2k link, remove server), and then search worked. I readded the server (paste) to reproduce.... and suddenly i did not get that message anymore.... :confused:

All with 0.47c based mod where obfuscation was not disabled.

/edit: and retried it with the config files from my backup dir, but it is not reproducable.....

This post has been edited by leuk_he: 09 November 2006 - 08:28 PM

Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#27 User is offline   BiggerJim 

• Pip

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

DonkeyServer No1 and No2 are giving me that message when I search. I am using MorphXT 9.2.

How do those servers know for certain that I am using MorphXT? I wonder if there is a string in there that I can change. I didn't see it immediately in the Options. Well, there may soon be such an option, to masquerade as eMule 0.47c.

For the time being I will just use Big Bang or one of the other servers. Donkey server doesn't have to accept my client; I don't have to accept their server.

I think this is all only temporary. The clients will try to code around it. In the mean time, it will hasten the move to eMule v0.47c and clean up the net a tiny bit. But I suspect the protocol doesn't make it possible for the servers to force us to use a certain client, and if this continues too long, all the active clients will code around it. And maybe some of the old or problematic or unmaintainted clients will get left behind.

It does seem unfair to strand Mac aMule users and Linux users though.

This post has been edited by BiggerJim: 10 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

#28 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

View PostBiggerJim, on Nov 10 2006, 02:19 PM, said:

DonkeyServer No1 and No2 are giving me that message when I search. I am using MorphXT 9.2.

How do those servers know for certain that I am using MorphXT?

Official mules also get this message now and then. It is not dependand on morphXT.

#29 User is offline   Guttata 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:27 PM

I am using morphXT v9.2, which is based on 0.47c so no need for masqurading, and have not recieved the message yet. Seems to be a bug somewhere.

#30 User is offline   buzz 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:51 PM

AFAIR (from a dev or modder)
If you recieve this message although you have PO activated, you should clear the server list and load a new one.

Some data used for PO are saved in the server.met. Under some wierd circumstances this data can be false and cause these errors.

HTH

This post has been edited by buzz: 10 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

#31 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

What i understood from this post the server detects sometimes that you disconnect too early and you are not a real 0.47c based client.

(bad clients would just fake the 0.47c version to get a connection to the server if the server would reject based on a version, and morph behaves the same as official, except it obeys the softlimit, and supports aux ports)

However it seems the network of DS2 detects this wrong, (

I only got this message once so far and not reproducible, even not after place a backup version of server.met back (morph makes automatic backups on shutdown. :) ) .

I am not sure if it is related to the server.met file, but since the updkey and the some other obfuscation things are are the server.met it is possible.

maybe it would help if someone got a good log what happend with ehterreal: (nto sure i can read it...)
[how-to] Sniff Your Connection...

maybe it just helps if you enable encryption... I cannot tell, for me the message went away without encryption.

/EDIT: got the condition again. Even when i set "obfucation only" it kept making normal unobfuscated connection. until i removed and readded the server. So something in the server.met goes wrong. After that i got that message everytime i made an unobfuscated connection, but worked correct when i made an obfuscated connection.

I also have etherreal dump of the error condition, But i doublt it will solve anything since the workarround clearly is to use an obfuscated connection like the server says (WHY???). The remaining bug is that sometimes eMule fails to make an obfuscated connection consistently until the server is removed and added. (no dump for that one)

so far for my blabbing....

This post has been edited by leuk_he: 10 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

#32 User is offline   blai_cb 

• Pip

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

I've got this result from DonkeyServer No1, but DonkeyServer No2 works fine....

#33 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

Its possible that eMule uses non-obfuscated connection under certain conditions. For example if the "crypt-ping" was unrepsonsed or for some reason wrong flags received, eMule will assume that his server doesn'T supports it yet untill the next ping is due, which takes some hours.
Thr problem is that obfuscation was not meant to be an required setting and therefore eMule rather uses plain connections as fallback instead of retrying (which would cause overhead) or ignoring such servers. It's also not helpful that servers dont just ignore such request, if they require obfuscation.

#34 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

I guess I join the crowd too, just got that stupid msg from Donkey Server 1. Using MorphXT 9.2 myself and this was the first time I saw it.

Very nice of them to spam the entire global search with their upgrade crap :angry:
#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#35 User is offline   Mindeye 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:23 PM

I also get this message with Morph 9.2 (eMule 0.47c, PO desactivated) when connected to Donkeyserver1 (Server and Global search)

#36 User is offline   lugdunummaster 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member_D

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:36 PM

You are right, but when I perform a global search, I get results from a cross section of the servers, and these servers flood my search result with the "please use eMule 0.47c" message. Would it be too much of a pain for them just not acknowledge my search, instead of flooding my search results?

I believe that if you get some messages from a server, this is because your emule is asking something.

So 5.000.000 emules around the world are flooding some servers.

Oh *please*, Mr server, let us harass you and please shut up, oh please..

#37 User is offline   Kry 

• No Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member_D

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

Lug, does it make sense at all to give several hundred replies instead of just not replying? You would save CPU and bandwith.
Retired aMule developer.
Minister of Strange Operative Systems and Sarcasm (S.O.S & S) in President Birk's New World Order

#38 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

..crossposting because this might help some ....

Posted Image

The problem is that donkeyserver 1 REQUIRES obfuscation when searching.
(why? isn't encryping adding overhead?)
(Note: mods based on 0.47c also are considered 0.47c in this context)

Solution A: enable obfuscation.
To solve:
1. Enable obfuscation in the security settings. (not NOT obfuscation only!, i repeat not!)
Posted Image
2. Reconnect to donkey server 1
3. If this is a obfuscated connection (visible in the server screen:) try search now. :)
Posted Image
4. if obfucstaion fails and you still cannot search see Solution B: :(

Solution B: Remove and add the server.
0. Try solution A... then continue with:
1. right-click the server DS1 & copy the ed2k link for it to the clipboard
2. disconnect and remove the server.
3. Paste the server int the server screen.
4. Connect to the server.
5. Connect again and check if it is obfuscated.

Solution C. Use other servers.
1. Remove server with the ip displayed in the search screen from your server list. :devil:

/edit:
Added this also to
morph faq. wit

This post has been edited by leuk_he: 24 November 2006 - 04:10 PM

#39 User is offline   Semm 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

At least it's a nice form of advertisement for 0.47c. :P
The base of clients using 0.47c and supporting protocol obfuscation is growing fast.
BTW: Are there any reasons NOT to upgrade to 0.47c?

This post has been edited by Semm: 12 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

#40 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:25 PM

View PostSemm, on Nov 12 2006, 10:53 PM, said:

BTW: Are there any reasons NOT to upgrade to 0.47c?

If you run linux/mac OS? IF you want to use a mixed client like sharezaze/ mldonkey.

a strenght of ed2k is that is is a open protocol. It sill si until you want do do a search on a overloaded server.

• Member Options

• (4 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users