Official eMule-Board: Waiting Too Much? - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Waiting Too Much?

#1 User is offline   marcelo piwnica 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

I AM A NEW USER OF E-MULE AND I WOULD WISH TO KNOW WHY I HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG BEFORE A DOWNLOAD BEGINS (NORMALLY UP TO FOUR HOURS OF E-MULE RUNNING)?.DO I HAVE THE PROGRAM CORRECTLY DOWNLOADED?.IT IS NOT A MALFUNCTION?.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ANSWER.
MARCELO PIWNICA
ISRAEL

#2 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

Sounds normal to me. You should be able to see your sources and your queue positions when doubleclicking the download. Your queue position will drop over time, as you progress in queues.

Few tips: download files with many sources (100+). Avoid LowID. Keep eMule running in background (as when you disconnect and do not return, you will loose your queue positions).

This post has been edited by lordpake: 14 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#3 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:08 PM

hi

an initial waiting time of 4 hours in not very long. For some (rare) files, it could be... days :D (could be shorter as well, of course)
don't worry. just let your mule run as long as you can. Start several (but not many...) downloads. At least for the moment, only start files with a high number in the availabilty column (in search results). For rarest files, you may need credits; this requires some emule runtime first.

Also make sure that your connections settings are correct. especially the UL limit.

If this really looks like chinese to you (I hope you're not chinese :P ), you can set upload capacity to 0, so that emule will try to automatically find the best upload speed

edit:
and while waiting, don't look at your mule. This may be frustrating. You'd better have a look at the emule help files and/or at this forum. When done, you may find some (at least partly) complete downloads :)

This post has been edited by jestheonlyone: 14 September 2006 - 11:16 PM

my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

--------------------------------------------------------

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users