• « First

Feature Requests

#121 User is offline   dev84 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

View PostStulle, on Oct 7 2007, 06:42 AM, said:

it's not a bug, it's a feature and as thus it will have to stay!

why don't you use irc if it is THAT annoying¿ :P

MSG is the simplest way, why don`t You make on/off button ?, let it be default on, but with possibility to turn off with showing more controls

btw

what is it for "[hBsk]" some kind of client verification ?

#122 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

because removing the modname and thelike from your name would reduce your leecher security and removing the modname would also lead into instant ban by other xtreme clients. now stop crying and get along with it or switch to irc...

(ewww... i hate those cry-babies!)
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#123 User is offline   dev84 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:46 PM

View PostStulle, on Oct 7 2007, 01:51 PM, said:

because removing the modname and thelike from your name would reduce your leecher security and removing the modname would also lead into instant ban by other xtreme clients. now stop crying and get along with it or switch to irc...

(ewww... i hate those cry-babies!)

cry babies :P

how about changing friend name in friend list, instead oryginal nick it would display nick which i put in

I don`t get You dev`s, there is topic about future request, is it so hard to comprehend that someone can really need those things?

Thanx

#124 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:48 PM

it is hard to believe somebody needs something that useless in exchange for something as valueable as a proper leecher defense.

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#125 User is offline   dev84 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

View PostStulle, on Oct 7 2007, 05:48 PM, said:

it is hard to believe somebody needs something that useless in exchange for something as valueable as a proper leecher defense.

You didn`t understand me.

I like to be able to add friend with nick "nick [?J_L] «Xtreme 6.1»" and change this nick in msg windows to be displayd as simple "nick"
His nick won`t change but i will see him in messages as a nick/name that i like not "nick [?J_L] «Xtreme 6.1»"

Thanx

This post has been edited by dev84: 07 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

#126 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

so i'll go into the details. the mentioned window displays the nick as received via emule protocol. removing the tags would mean to trim that string in a way these tags are removed. aside of the possibility to remove too much this also implies uneccessary cpu load for no real use.
the other way would be to remove it client sided (not sending it) but i described that scenario above.

#127 User is offline   Azjatos 

• PipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:25 PM

I know it`s not a bug, it`s protection against nick thief's.
If those bushes are so importatnt why they aren`t in official mod which is used by significant majority of Ed2k network.
I`m releasing few rare movies 24/7, most users downloading them from me sometimes even not giving anything back and they probably delet`s them after watching, do I have to name them leechers ?
Therefore working time of my PC is wasted ? Ofcourse not, even though their ratio U/DL in relation to me sometimes is zero / 1-2 and more GB.
On the other hand.
I can set upload speed 12 KBps and there is no limit to download speed, so if i have 3 Mbps or faster connection, I`m lecheer, right? Anyone can do that and turn eMule off after file completion

It's necessary to ban malicious mod`s by signature and behaviour but there is no way to ban leechers.
Leechers aren`t significant problem of ed2k network. Problem is human stupidity, users ignorance and fat corporations which fights with p2p networks.

Anti-leech plugin I consider to be very helpful and needful but I can turn it off, but those bushes I can`t. It`s illogical.
It's necessary to fight against malicious client`s in ed2k network but we can`t impede our lives with it.
I know that little whom is interested in own nick, most of them don`t even know it, but there are such people and we are not few who use messages frequently and it is important for us.
Things not important for You doesn`t have to be for us either.

I don`t use IRC cause I`m CIA agent and I`m afraid of tap/bug, my interlocutor too.
Ok that was a joke.

Emule messages are more simple and faster solution than IRC.
I could write like this without end cause I love this network, but it is not the point of discussion.
I`m only asking You to consider our request, even a moment of consideration from Xtreme mod developer`s, is there anything that can be done with it?.

Thank You ;)

This post has been edited by Azjatos: 07 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

#128 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:59 AM

first of all, the xtreme currently has only one developer and that's xman.

why the official does not have any advanced anti-leech algorithm is beyond me and has to be discussed with the officials and not with me or anyone else in this particular thread/ subforum.

oh, probably any ed2k client can be configured in a malicious way. we can just ask everyone not to do it!

#129 User is offline   rom08 

• PipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

I would like to see in xtreme "follow the majority" or a tweak that can reduce the chance to download a fake file

#130 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:55 AM

follow the majority will only rename the file... i don't really see the link between both requests...!

#131 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

What about the feature that is inside ZZUL BastarD which shows the smallest queue number for each download alongside the sources stuff? :)

#132 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

@birk
are you trying to change your preferred mod? :furious:
The problem is not the client, it's the user

#133 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

View PostCiccioBastardo, on Jan 13 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

@birk
are you trying to change your preferred mod? :furious:

I would never cheat on you. :angelnot:

#134 User is offline   Xman1 

• Xtreme Modder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

I don't see what sence it makes to show the smalles queue number. You can't rely on the queuenumber. There are leechers and there are client with multiqueue.

#135 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

Well, it proved to work for my own downloads. Surely you cannot rely 100% on those numbers, but if you find them useless then QR information should be scrapped at once.
I think showing the min value is better than the average measure that really tells nothing meaningful IMHO.
The problem is not the client, it's the user

#136 User is offline   Alberteneuman 

• PipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:30 AM

So has anyone tried the XtraServices.Inf hack, to get applications like emule and Xbox's video streaming to work? I'm thinking that it would be nice to see it discussed in another topic, since it's so useful to people running network applications. It works wonders!
<goes off to make new topic>

#137 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

View PostAlberteneuman, on Apr 11 2008, 08:30 AM, said:

So has anyone tried the XtraServices.Inf hack, to get applications like emule and Xbox's video streaming to work? I'm thinking that it would be nice to see it discussed in another topic, since it's so useful to people running network applications. It works wonders!
<goes off to make new topic>

wtf are you talking about? this is the feature request thread. this got nothing to with any request. if you wanna troll or spam try at least to find the proper subforum for this is not the offtopic subforum but the xtreme subforum... :-1:

#138 User is offline   Alberteneuman 

• PipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

The request was for a fix to be added... Nevermind, I guess no one should be using 2003 and Emule. Sorry if I offended, but I did make a new topic.

#139 User is offline   Cynsick 

• PipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:27 PM

Hi Stulle, an idea came to me last night, but it seems you may have it in the works already as I've done a search and came up with some hits on it. I was wondering if under the ScarAngel/Mephisto UPnP options you would be able to let the user select which implementation of UPnP they would want. Such as default eMule, Morph, miniupnp, etc. I don't know if this is the way you planned to do it, but it's what I thought of, plus I'd like to know when you would see this possibly happening? 1 year+ or less than that?

#140 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

i am planning to code something like that in a bit. no idea if it works out, though. anyway, it won't be until the release after the next one.

• Member Options

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users