• (3 Pages)
  • +

Disappearing Uploaders

#41 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

Have you tried 0.47c newest official version, by the moment, with protocol Obfuscation?

Cheers :D

#42 User is offline   Sscsr1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

View Posttorpon, on Sep 16 2006, 03:56 PM, said:

Have you tried 0.47c newest official version, by the moment, with protocol Obfuscation?

I am using the latest updates. I have even by-passed my router to see if that helped. No Joy. right noe my uploads are set to 20.KB but I am only getting 1.5. KB. DL is fine I think. Hard to tell right now cause I lost my credits upgrading.
The Uploads grey out and then reappear after a few seconds. Over and over again.

This post has been edited by Sscsr1: 17 September 2006 - 08:46 PM

Never pass up a chance to go to the bathroom.

#43 User is offline   Haos 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

Have you tried a clean install of Neomule or other ISP-T capable mod, and tried to download (upload) only an ISP-T testfile? Post me a pm if you wanna know any details.
Visit www.reactos.org - Opensource Operating System project,
desgined to be 100% compatible with Win 2000/XP

ReactOS Project - Tester and Polish translation team member

Now LowID to LowID connections are possible thanks to the first NAT & FireWall Traversal mod: NeoMule.

Polish Pirate Party:

#44 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:00 AM

View PostSscsr1, on Sep 17 2006, 01:44 PM, said:

The Uploads grey out and then reappear after a few seconds. Over and over again.
It would be more helpful to look at the Verbose log for signs of "Error 10053" for uploads.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#45 User is offline   Sscsr1 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:29 AM

Have you tried a clean install of Neomule or other ISP-T capable mod, and tried to download (upload) only an ISP-T testfile? Post me a pm if you wanna know any details.

No I haven't tried Neomule. I am using eMule 0.47c but this started about a month ago and two versions ago.

It would be more helpful to look at the Verbose log for signs of "Error 10053" for uploads.

I have reset the cable modem and rebooted my computer. But that only makes it work for about a day. When it starts acting up I will post the verbose log. Hopefuly that will shed some light on things. I also get the message "No valid servers to connect in server list found" when I start emule since the upgrade. I have updated the server.met 3 times but still get that mesage. But if I click on a server ( like a donkey) it will connect. I don't know if these are related or not.

This post has been edited by Sscsr1: 18 September 2006 - 01:33 AM

#46 User is offline   Donkey Breath 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:01 AM

View PostSscsr1, on Sep 17 2006, 01:44 PM, said:

The Uploads grey out and then reappear after a few seconds. Over and over again

No I haven't tried Neomule. I am using eMule 0.47c but this started about a month ago and two versions ago.

The graying out? 2 versions ago? I'll assume it's also saying Standby..... what or why that is I don't know,, but it's ok...

#47 User is offline   Sscsr1 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:43 AM

The graying out? 2 versions ago? I'll assume it's also saying Standby..... what or why that is I don't know,, but it's ok...

Yes they are saying "standby" but it is all of them and it happens about every 30 seconds to 1 minute.

#48 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:39 PM

View PostSscsr1, on Sep 17 2006, 06:29 PM, said:

I also get the message "No valid servers to connect in server list found" when I start emule since the upgrade. I have updated the server.met 3 times but still get that mesage. But if I click on a server ( like a donkey) it will connect. I don't know if these are related or not.
No, I don't believe this is related to your previous problem. That message probably indicates that you set eMule to "Autoconnect to server in static list only" and you didn't actually set any servers static yet. HTH.
Math is delicious!

#49 User is offline   Sscsr1 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

No, I don't believe this is related to your previous problem. That message probably indicates that you set eMule to "Autoconnect to server in static list only" and you didn't actually set any servers static yet. HTH.

You hit the nail on the head with that one PacoBell. Thanks. :worthy:
One problem down.
So far since my last reboot of the modem and computer my uploads have been a constant 20. KB so I am starting to think it may be something to do with my router. I will give it another day or so and make sure before hooking the router back up.

#50 User is offline   Sscsr1 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:17 PM

Well it's been a few days and everything seems to be working fine now. Uploads are staying maxed out. DL could be better but I think that's because I lost my credits when I upgraded. I guess I will hook the router back up and see what happens. I really hope it's not the router cause I can't afford to replace it right now.

Ok that didn't last very long, maybe 8 hrs or so. Now it's back to the same dissapearing uploads again. I did notice that in my network connections window there is usually 2 things listed. Local area connection and another that says Gateway. The one that says Gateway I have noticed says dissabled or dissconnected ( can't remember which at the moment) and when I click for it to connect it will vanish only to reapear a minute later saying the above again. I have just looked and the one that says Gateway isi not there at all now. I think this might be part of the problem but I have no idea what is happening or how to proceed. Any Ideas? :confused:

#51 User is offline   cadex 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:37 AM

I am also having this issue with all uploads immediately dropping and my internet provider is Comcast. Never had this problem with my previous cable service, but I was using an older version of eMule back then.

Trying different connection settings didn't fix it. Switching servers doesn't help either. The uploads are usually completely different IP's, there doesn't seem to be a pattern there.

This post has been edited by cadex: 25 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

#52 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:22 AM

If you use v0.47c or b, have you enabled 'Enable Protocol Obfuscation'? Click me!

This post has been edited by Nissenice: 25 September 2006 - 07:22 AM

#53 User is offline   cadex 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:08 AM

View PostNissenice, on Sep 25 2006, 03:22 AM, said:

If you use v0.47c or b, have you enabled 'Enable Protocol Obfuscation'?

I'm using 0.47c. I didn't have that option enabled, but I tried enabling it for a few hours and it didn't have any noticeable effect on the problem.

#54 User is offline   WinterKnight 

• Pip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:38 AM

I just got cable a month and a half ago. I had been using amule (yes, amule) on and off since then, and got good up and down speeds. I have had amule on non-stop for the past 4 days or so. Just a few hours ago, my uploads started dropping like flies. I could keep some of them, but most, about 95% or more, would drop within a few seconds, usually less than one.

I'd like to add that one of the questions I asked before I paid for cable was if they blocked any ports. The guy's tone indicated he thought I was on drugs or something, or a criminal. He answered with no, that they wouldn't block any ports unless I was spamming or something. I am not a spammer.

Guess who my cable provider is? Stupid Comcast! I am in South Salem, Oregon. Comcast is the only broadband provider here. I would have chosed DSL if it was available, because money is a big factor for me.

#55 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:10 AM

IMHO, if you are using aMule, logical place is aMule forum

#56 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:40 PM

@WinterKnight: You should also post your findings on this page to inform other customers in your area about the problem. :)
Math is delicious!

#57 User is offline   Traecheosis 

• PipPip

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

I added Comcast Atlanta to that list, based on the problems I described in this thread.

Using protocol obfuscation, about 10% of upload sessions and 55% of download sessions succeed. Without PO, almost all UL sessions fail. I experience no blocking problems using bittorrent.

I get a low ID if I connect to a server while PO is enabled. To get high ID, I have to disable PO, connect, then re-enable. Since this process can't be automated and servers disconnect me every few hours, I've stopped using them. Kad is working okay.

I emailed Comcast support, and they told me Comcast is not blocking eMule's ports, nor any protocol.

This post has been edited by Traecheosis: 29 December 2006 - 01:16 AM

#58 User is offline   brianel 

• Pip

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.

• Member Options

• (3 Pages)
  • +

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users