• +

Smart Part File Push *** Work in progress ***

#21 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:31 PM

@fabtar:
this exploit is possible and tried by some mods but my analyzer detects that "filefake" and punishes the client then.
It's easily noticeable because he will ask for the same file though he does show to have it complete.
The idea was to give the sharers a better score when they want something, partfiles are already pushed via the default CS.

#22 User is offline   netfinity 

• Master of WARP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

fabtar, on Apr 5 2006, 11:59 AM, said:

I have thought about this: 
A client (Guyclient) is uploading "file A" to you, if the client hasn't queued in for that file in the last day (proof -> there is a high chance "guyclient"  has complete "file A" and so he has no need to request to us) a very high multplier is applied for credit computation.
Trading won't be conveninet and sharing will be rewarded.
View Post
Good idea, but we also has to make sure he doesn't ask the file later on. As long we doesn't have any parts he needs, he doesn't need to queue for the file.

To make this work I think the credit file has to be extended with two new entries. First one is the time of the last upload to the client and the second entry is how much bonus the client has gained.

So, if a client uploads a file to us and hasn't downloaded the last 24 hours then a bonus is created for each byte uploaded. However this bonus isn't stored immediatly, but is quarantined for a 2 hour period. If the client would ask for anything before this time has passed then the bonus would be lost.
eMule v0.50a [NetF WARP v0.3a]
- Compiled for 32 and 64 bit Windows versions
- Optimized for fast (100Mbit/s) Internet connections
- Faster file completion via Dynamic Block Requests and dropping of stalling sources
- Faster searching via KAD with equal or reduced overhead
- Less GUI lockups through multi-threaded disk IO operations
- VIP "Payback" queue
- Fakealyzer (helps you chosing the right files)
- Quality Of Service to keep eMule from disturbing VoIP and other important applications (Vista/7/8 only!)

#23 User is offline   fabtar 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

netfinity, on Apr 5 2006, 04:09 PM, said:

A client (Guyclient) is uploading "file A" to you, if the client hasn't queued in for that file in the last day (proof -> there is a high chance "guyclient"  has complete "file A"
but is quarantined for a 2 hour period. If the client would ask for anything before this time has passed then the bonus would be lost.
View Post

:) , I'm useful!!! :bouncehi: happiness.
I think your precise algorithm based on my rought idea is good, and the quarantene is another improvement.PLease consider that my proposed 1 day(24hours) time was an approximate proposal, I think you can make this value configurable.
Conceptually there are situation in which we can fail in detecting the right situation(on startups...), but globally we are going to detect (sooner or later ) the trading situation.

Choosing the right "multiplier" is another big "economical" issue to think on... I think it has to be a number bigger than 10 (but this is only a rought extimate) .I'll do some statistical calolus tomorrow

@Wizard

I also think that your solution in very nice .

Don't know if my proposal is better than your solution. I have to think about.
Perhpas guys with a deeper protocol knowlegde could give their opinions about.

P.s: Cause I have started a Sub-CS thread I fear to be Off-topic ... Am I? Have I to open another Forum's Thread?

This post has been edited by fabtar: 05 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

#24 User is offline   pupet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

help me please to adapt Smart Part File Push.

// BEGIN netfinity: Smart Part File Push (TODO: Use 7 days partfile ratio once implemented)
    if(!thePrefs.SmartPartFilePush()){
	if (currequpfile->IsPartFile())
	{
		if (currequpfile->statistic.GetAllTimeTransferred() < 3600 * theApp.uploadqueue->GetDatarate())
			if (/*currequpfile->IsPartFile() &&*/ thePrefs.GetUpData_File() > (thePrefs.GetUpData_Partfile()*2) /*&&*/ ||
				thePrefs.GetUpSessionClientData() > thePrefs.GetDownSessionClientData()) 
				filepriority *= 3;//2
	}
	else // For 1:1 ratio reasons!!! 
	{
		if (/*currequpfile->IsPartFile() &&*/ thePrefs.GetUpData_File() > (thePrefs.GetUpData_Partfile()*2) /*&&*/ ||
			thePrefs.GetUpSessionClientData() > thePrefs.GetDownSessionClientData()) 
			filepriority *= 2;
	}
	// END netfinity: Smart Part File Push
    }

#25 User is offline   pupet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:57 PM

No Idea or at suggestion :argue: :xhuh: :hammer2: :confused:

#26 User is offline   painlord2k 

• Pip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

View Postpupet, on 21 September 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

No Idea or at suggestion :argue: :xhuh: :hammer2: :confused:

Pay the uploaders.
You pay them, they share everything they have (probably their mother and sisters too, brothers on request).
You have Bitcoin or any other alt-coin (if it is easier to cose, cost less in transactions) and you have a system where leechers pay some token sum and real sharers are able to exchange between themselves. And large uploaders are rewarded for their good services. And all balance perfectly.

Just make sure you pay people for the complete chunks they upload and not for raw, unconfirmed, data.

I know, I'm beating a dead horse.

#27 User is offline   pupet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:09 AM

HaHahahaaaaaaa lool lol mdr :oops: ball

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users