Official eMule-Board: Do You Want To Recover The List Of Servers? - Official eMule-Board

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Do You Want To Recover The List Of Servers? Real and Fake servers list

#101 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:39 PM

asim, on May 17 2006, 05:32 AM, said:

If you don'T like our emule version ... i do not force you to use it. But blacklisting the Server is NOT correct.
View Post
Why not? Blacklisting is a private choice I make of my own volition. Nobody can force me to use your servers either. However, you are dishonoring the eMule developers by blatantly (and illegally, I might add) defying the license for the software with which you built your mod. There have already been several requests on and off your forums for the source code since many months ago and none of them have ever been addressed. I can only hope it has all been some horrible misunderstanding or that the language barrier has been too confusing for you. <_<
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#102 User is offline   asim 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:57 PM

No eMule-Modder with include a community in a Mod showing the code .... because if he do, everyone is able to fake the community.

But be sure that there is no spy- or addware in the mod.

If you do not connect to the server, i got no problem. But i got a problem whith those guys who writing the server IP's to ipfilter.dat and placing downloads of the file.

Please think over: i spend 12 clean Servers for the network (ask lugdunum!), which cost a lot of money. Then some guys (maybe some other edonkeyserver) writing things like: fake server, spyware, fake files ... and so on. Is this fair?

#103 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:03 PM

asim, on May 17 2006, 05:57 AM, said:

No eMule-Modder with include a community in a Mod showing the code  .... because if he do, everyone is able to fake the community.
Well, you should have considered that before agreeing to the legally binding license associated with the code you used. Somehow, I don't think you even bothered to read that. You just thought, "Oh! Free code. Yoink!" Every society has laws and you just trangressed them. Now I know for a fact your actions were intentional and not out of ignorance. Sorry, but you no longer have my sympathy. It's the principle of the matter.

Is this fair?
View Post
No, but that was never the heart of the issue, anyway.

This post has been edited by PacoBell: 17 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

Math is delicious!

#104 User is offline   ElChele 

• Miembro con emule 0.50a
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

asim said:

But be sure that there is no spy- or addware in the mod.

the official version of emule, it either brings virus, spy, nor malware. If you don't believe to me, you can consult the code. May I do it the same with your mod...???
As far as the list, it is not an imposition. Each one is free to choose to that server wants to connect.
bye
Posted Image Make your own ipfilter file, and manage fake files. Take in count, You are the best filter for emule.

#105 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:44 PM

Yes. I can see both arguments here, but it is most important to emphasise that this is not associated with the IP filter, which would be your bigger concern. You must contact those persons directly.

#106 User is offline   MaxxL 

• elder eMule
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

asim, on May 17 2006, 01:57 PM, said:

If you do not connect to the server, i got no problem. But i got a problem whith those guys who writing the server IP's to ipfilter.dat and placing downloads of the file.

Your problem is that less users on your servers generate less Usenext clicks for your account. In other words: your profits are endangered.
Don't claim fair conduct of third parties as long as you are disregarding the basics of fair use of the eMule code base.

asim, on May 17 2006, 01:57 PM, said:

Please think over: i spend 12 clean Servers for the network (ask lugdunum!), which cost a lot of money.

The servers you run dont cost you any money - the servers generate a lot of profit for you.

Edit: added "x" for Usenext

This post has been edited by MaxxL: 19 May 2006 - 08:36 AM

--- May the Download be with You. ---

#107 User is offline   MadlyMad 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:39 PM

ElChele, on May 5 2006, 12:53 PM, said:

niclights, on May 5 2006, 02:13 AM, said:

I think it is great that you are putting the time and effort into this.  I wondered if you have spoken to Corpo about how he determines good/bad servers?  If not maybe this would be valuable :)
View Post

Good idea. :+1: I have sent a personal message to CoRpO this morning. :)
bye
View Post

Hi
received something ? =)

usually CoRpO is very quick to answer

btw, Thanks a lot for the good work guys :+1:

The extreme limit of wisdom, that is what the public calls madness.

#108 User is offline   ElChele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

MadlyMad said:

received something ? =)

Nope yet. :confused:
bye
Posted Image Make your own ipfilter file, and manage fake files. Take in count, You are the best filter for emule.

#109 User is offline   Meuh6879 

• GoldMember (Yeah, Baby !)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

history in progress... http://www.bluetack....indpost&p=70330
:-k <_<

#110 User is offline   ElChele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:55 PM

2º part. Different user, same msg (copy & Paste). :P
To be continue.... but no here. :)
bye

#111 User is offline   asim 

• PipPip

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:06 AM

ElChele, on May 21 2006, 12:55 AM, said:

2º part. Different user, same msg (copy & Paste). :P
To be continue.... but no here. :)
bye
View Post

Different username, but same user.

Ip's are unblacklisted. So please trust bluetack.

#112 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:45 AM

asim, on May 22 2006, 02:06 AM, said:

So please trust bluetack.
View Post
I've always trusted them to a certain extent. But that still doesn't clear you of all wrongdoing. The eMule devs should really add your mod to the CheckForGPLEvilDoer() function since you've openly admitted you are still going to refuse to release the code, which is your obligation. Others before you have done the very same thing and have suffered the consequences for it. So, fine, you can have your precious servers, but be prepared to have your mods shunned by the rest of the eMule community. The awareness is already spreading.
Math is delicious!

#113 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

asim, on May 17 2006, 02:57 PM, said:

No eMule-Modder with include a community in a Mod showing the code  .... because if he do, everyone is able to fake the community.
View Post

Hmm, I think you do not understand gpl. Can you tell me the modstring of your mod? So i can add you to the gpl violators so you will get less downloads?

distributing NO source is NOT AN OPTION.

[offtopic]
(by the way: last time i tried to register to the bigbang board i got some php error saying it could not send a confirmation mail)
[/offtopic]
Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#114 User is offline   ElChele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:37 AM

@ asim

asim said:

Different username, but same user.

Sorry, I was wrong. :cool2:
I think that one of the main priorities of emule-project.net, is the one to protect to the community of emule. ahead of the doubt, the best thing is to take precautions. If the problem persists, the doubt too, and while the doubt persists, the servers bigbang, they'll continue blacklisted.
bye

#115 User is offline   Meuh6879 

• GoldMember (Yeah, Baby !)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:11 PM

I agree with this concept. :huh:

#116 User is offline   asim 

• PipPip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:05 AM

The Problem is, that i do not have the source code of eMule, because the modder did not gave it to me. He do not want the community code open source and he do not want that his name will become public. That is written in my contract.

The united communnity is included in the mod like it is im many other emule mods (eg gamers edition). You will never see a modder with a community, which is open source. If it is open source evererbody is able to fake the community. (In the Lugdunum Serversoftware i have the explicit option to say that only special communities should be able to connect)

The BigBang Server (~1/4 of the ed2k-network) are very heplful for you, because they blocking all this fake servers. We permanently looking for fake Server to set them at our blacklist. Please think about: If you blacklist the BigBang Server you will help Fake Servers to grow. So you will get more fake files more spys ....

I have discussed this already with lugdunum und with firstaid of bluetack. They both came to the conclusion, that Server and client are two different things which should be discussed separatly.

This post has been edited by asim: 23 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

#117 User is offline   ElChele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

@ asim
Don't you Forget something...???
bye

#118 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:00 PM

asim, on May 23 2006, 11:05 AM, said:

He do not want the community code open source and he do not want that his name will become public. That is written in my contract.

The BigBang Server (~1/4 of the ed2k-network) are very heplful for you.
View Post

Dude, your logic is flawed. How can you help the network on one hand with servers and on the the other damage the network with a community mod that also violates the gpl.
Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#119 User is offline   asim 

• PipPip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:45 PM

The ed2k-network is highly in danger, more then you know.

Think about this: Many Ed2k-Server-provider got messages from RIAA and MPAA, but that is not really the point. The point is, that some companies want to buy the data, which server are able to collect. We want to protect our own business, but what will other do, especially private persons??? Think about the situation, when anti-p2p-companies pay much money for the data. And then think about the existing fake server and some real "big" server.

The Point is that with the blacklisting of the bigbang server you force 2 Problems:

- bigger fake server and the following consequences
- (many other) bigger real server which are especially interesting for anti-p2p-companies

Do you really want that more than 50% of the network connect to the server of 1 private person? 1933-1945 in Germany we had the same situation, the majoritiy trusted 1 Person ...

So please think carefully about the Priorities.

-------------------------
todays news:
http://www.heise.de/...r/meldung/73446
(sorry in german)

#120 User is offline   ElChele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

Asim said:

The Problem is, that i do not have the source code of eMule, because the modder did not gave it to me. He do not want the community code open source and he do not want that his name will become public. That is written in my contract.

Then, you've a problem.
You signed the contract and you did not read the fine print.

Asim said:

which is open source. If it is open source evererbody is able to fake the community.

Hypothetical situation:
your mod, allows the people who use it, and connect to your servers, faster downloads, they do not be forced to raise data, and the tails skip. A paradise for few, and a great damage for the network and the community.
Think about it.
I cannot say that this is thus. But I cannot either say to the opposite.
Closed code, do you remember it..?
bye

• Member Options

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users