Official eMule-Board: Ping Values - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Ping Values Ping Values very high

#1 User is offline   ozdwarf 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Since February,1st, Ping Values are Truly High, starting in 312. Why This? Can, anyone, explain the reasons?

#2 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

What ping values?
Generally the reasons for high ping values could be bad software configuration, equipment malfunction, network load, malware activity and external attacks.

#3 User is offline   ozdwarf 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

View Postfox88, on 24 February 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

What ping values?
Generally the reasons for high ping values could be bad software configuration, equipment malfunction, network load, malware activity and external attacks.

Hello, fox88, thanks for answering.
well, as for bad software configuration, since I first installed emule I let it configure all the best to my PC; my equipment I bring each 4 months to a technician for cleaning and any possible malfunction; network load, maybe because are frequently losses of connection of the ed2K server I had chosen to connect and, frequently also, in my trials of reconnecting a message that the server is full or dead or something; malware activity and external attacks may even be, but, all the time? from who? from users of the P2P?
Curiously, the smallest pings today are: Ping 265, Users 1.25M, Max Users 1.30M, Files 161.168M. Something stranges/oddly, don't you think?
On the other hand, I must confess I do not understand so much about ping values, only that the higher the worst because downloads become more slow in function of the time taken by the answer generated by high values of the famous ping.

#4 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postozdwarf, on 28 February 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Curiously, the smallest pings today are: [Ping 265, Users 1.25M, Max Users 1.30M, Files 161.168M. Something stranges/oddly, don't you think?

Servers with so many users and files do not exist. And if you have them, they are fake servers!
You have probably those servers with ip 38.107.160.xxx
(Most likely, you are "talking" about 38.107.160.234:4661 ##donkeysex)
Check your server list---> first aid (click)

:punk:

This post has been edited by xilolee: 28 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#5 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

View Postozdwarf, on 28 February 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

On the other hand, I must confess I do not understand so much about ping values

Obvously. Should you understand the thing, you'd tell what address is pinged.

View Postozdwarf, on 28 February 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

downloads become more slow in function of the time taken by the answer generated by high values of the famous ping.

You do not download from servers, therefore ping value for servers does not matter. But, if you have fake severs (even with perfect ping times), you've got problems.
Try to follow the given link, or read forums.
Also you can open topic in Support forum (then do not forget to read sticky topics and post full configuration)

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users