Official eMule-Board: Server Connection Problem - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Server Connection Problem

#1 User is offline   Cihan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hey guys, need some help here. I'm using eMule v0.50a with Xtreme 8.0 mod. And I'm connecting to the internet with cable modem (I'm not sure if this is the right term. It's not ADSL; the main connection cable is much thicker than a phone cable and the modem's brand name is "Netmaster".)

Anyway, my problem is this: In the last few days, whenever eMule tries to connect an ed2k server it fails and a LowID message appears ("Warning! Your xxxx port is not reachable. Please review your network config"). The thing is, I've never had this problem before. Up until the day before yesterday eMule could connect to any and all servers just fine. Also I didn't change any eMule, computer or internet setting. The program can still connect to the kad network, but downloads are much slower.

I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

which server list do you use ? because fake server can give you a low id . :flowers:

#3 User is offline   Cihan 

• Pip

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

View PostSS1900, on 27 October 2011 - 07:44 PM, said:

which server list do you use ? because fake server can give you a low id . :flowers:

It doesn't matter. As I said, I had no problem connecting to the same servers up until a few days.

#4 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

- Hey guys, need some help here...
...I'd appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

- which server list do you use ?

- It doesn't matter.

:rolleyes: And, if we think that it might matter?

View PostCihan, on 27 October 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

And I'm connecting to the internet with cable modem (I'm not sure if this is the right term. It's not ADSL; the main connection cable is much thicker than a phone cable and the modem's brand name is "Netmaster".)

Please post the exact model.
Is the computer connected wireless? Have you manually forwarded the ports? Or have you enabled UPnP?
Is there static IP assigned to the computer or is it assigned by DHCP?

Anyway, my problem is this: In the last few days, whenever eMule tries to connect an ed2k server it fails and a LowID message appears ("Warning! Your xxxx port is not reachable. Please review your network config"). The thing is, I've never had this problem before. Up until the day before yesterday eMule could connect to any and all servers just fine.

Again, which servers? Just names of the servers are useless so you have to post IPs and Ports as well.

Also I didn't change any eMule, computer or internet setting. The program can still connect to the kad network, ...

Even if settings havn't been changed doesn't mean that eMule, your computer or internet connection is in a static state. For instance you may have added downloads to eMule, security programs may have been updated on your computer or your internet connection are shared by more than one computer and something has changed there...

Is KAD's status 'Open' or 'Firewalled'?

... , but downloads are much slower.

Sounds like an overloaded connection. Maybe you have had faulty settings since the beginning but it doesn't show until now?
Maybe you have compensated the slower download speed with more downloaded files? If so you're not alone, that's a classic misstake. :D

This post has been edited by Nissenice: 21 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

#5 User is offline   TheInquistor888 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

I'm using latest version of Emule-I also use Easy-Hide-IP-which I start BEFORE starting EMULE-It connects me to some place in Europe or wherever-Problem is Emule -tells me that because my IP address (actual address) ends in 0- I've been assigned a LOW ID and not to worry-What I am worried about is how is it that Emule can STILL know my Actual IP address.-Any help or a possible solution to this problem would be appreciated

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users